Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ego-T emptying cartridges?

Options
  • 04-09-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

is it possible to empty and ego-t cartridge? im a newbie and filled all my 5 cartridges with different flavours then bought more, so now i want to try out the new flavours and have no way of doing it? do i have to buy more?

Also im not getting much flavour from any of my liquids, is this normal?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Video wrote: »
    is it possible to empty and ego-t cartridge? im a newbie and filled all my 5 cartridges with different flavours then bought more, so now i want to try out the new flavours and have no way of doing it? do i have to buy more?
    Take the cartridge out, point the mouth-side down and use a nail to pry that flat piece with the hole off, empty/rinse liquid, refill, put cap-thingy back on.
    SiwHXMR.jpg
    The first few drags of your new liquid will taste like a mixture of the two before the new one takes over the wick, although...
    Video wrote: »
    Also im not getting much flavour from any of my liquids, is this normal?:confused:
    ...maybe that won't be detectable!
    For those eGo tank setups, yes. Boge cartomisers and Kanger clearomisers are a big step up taste-wise if you want to stay with the easy-to-deal-with consumables.
    Could also be your taste-buds taking a while to come back, but even if they had you mightn't know it with those tank things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yep - the plastic tanks strip flavour. They were an advancement at the time to be fair but cartos or clearo's have pretty much killed them in terms of flavour. Although I see Joyetech are sticking with the concept using the ECA. They've redesigned the model though in terms of airflow and leak protection. Not sure if they perform any better in terms of flavour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

grindle wrote: »
    Take the cartridge out, point the mouth-side down and use a nail to pry that flat piece with the hole off, empty/rinse liquid, refill, put cap-thingy back on.
    SiwHXMR.jpg
    The first few drags of your new liquid will taste like a mixture of the two before the new one takes over the wick, although...

...maybe that won't be detectable!
    For those eGo tank setups, yes. Boge cartomisers and Kanger clearomisers are a big step up taste-wise if you want to stay with the easy-to-deal-with consumables.
    Could also be your taste-buds taking a while to come back, but even if they had you mightn't know it with those tank things.

i have the black cartridges , you can bearly see the liquid , i tried this and the cap wont come off, maybe im using a different type? i have the ones that came with the box

Also i ordered this : http://www.vapourireland.com/accessories/510-dual-coil-cartomizer-1-5ohm.html
    last night , will this make the flavour better?

Black, white or blue, if it's the same shape as the device I showed, it'll click off the same way. Can you take a pic of the cartridge so we know what it is you have?

As for the Smoktech dual-coils - I hated them. Flavourless, vapourless and leaky for me, but some seem to like them so maybe I got a bad batch?

Boges always worked great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Video! :) I've only been vaping for a little over two months and I've always had the same problem with e-liquids, I can't always really taste them.

I tried different clearomizers until I found one that gave the best flavor. Also a lot of people say that steeping e-liquid makes huge difference. But I can't always wait a week before I vap my e-liquid, but when I have I found that steeping works with some e-liquids, but not so much with others. Its all trial and error.

Here is a you tube video on steeping, there might be better videos, but this one seems ok. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEKWg5vFXmc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

so i tried the dual coil cartomizer , im a total newbie at this stuff, do i constantly have to keep dripping in liquid to a cartomizer?

Every few hours or so as long as the foam was fully saturated at the start.
    You can get tanks that wrap around silver cartos that are either pre-punched with a hole or you can get a punch or saw and make a hole or slot the carto yourself and then fill the tank with juice which feeds the carto. Huzzah, no dripping that way!

Advertisement