Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike to college scheme

Options
  • 04-09-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Has anyone availed of this scheme yet? As far as I know it was available last year also. There seems to have been some new facilities installed for cyclists in C block.

According to an e-mail sent out from estates, students can get some money back off the purchase cost of a bike for travelling to/from college.
    Cycling

Covered cycle racks, showers and drying rooms are available to Staff and Students. Bring your own padlock for the mesh lockers in the drying room.

Staff: Check with Finance if you want to avail of the bike-to-work scheme.

Students: The bike to college scheme (€80/€100) is available. Contact ronan.keaskin@itb.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

€80/€100 !

Back in my day it was only €50 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

its €80 for all students unless you have a parking permit from last year then you get 100 :) I'm hoping to avail of it this year if I can find somewhere closer to college to move to.
    Need to wait to see where i'll be placed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I have the permit from last year alright. I wonder if there are other criteria to fill. Is the amount awarded based on the cost of the bike as with the bike-to-work scheme I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I got a pair of cycling shoes on it last year, its not just for bikes but essential parts as well.

Advertisement