Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering games from Amazon?

• 04-09-2013 9:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any easier method for ordering?....they dont deliver to Ireland and this Parcel Motel malarky seems complicated and extended delivery time.

So is the hassle worth saving 20 quid :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Assuming you're talking about .co.uk.... Amazon do deliver games to Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Assuming you're talking about .co.uk.... Amazon do deliver games to Ireland.

:confused:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PS3/dp/B0062KICQ6/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1378328307&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=grand+theft+auto

says nothing about delivering to irl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I ordered a ton feck of Lego and games from Amazon.co.UK . just make account and put Irish address. In the end it will add Irish vat and that's it. If the purchase over 25£ then delivery is free. Usually takes about 3-5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

I had no issues with pre-ordering GTA from them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Yeah they do deliver(and free if its over £25)Have ordered books,games and boardgames off them no problem.Normally delivered in 3 days.
    EDIT:nearly the exact same post as ShadowHearth,weird :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

parcel motel is not at all complicated and delivery time in most cases is shorter imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

crazygeryy wrote: »
    parcel motel is not at all complicated and delivery time in most cases is shorter imo.

But you don't need parcel motel with Amazon.co.uk when you buy stuff on their free delivery deals. It's a shorter lead time for me to get it sent to where I work, as opposed to off to somewhere else for me to pick it up afterwards.

I ordered a ton feck of Lego and games from Amazon.co.UK . just make account and put Irish address. In the end it will add Irish vat and that's it. If the purchase over 25£ then delivery is free. Usually takes about 3-5 days.

LEGO......:confused:

Yeah... I love Lego. I collect and build. Yup, I am an 27 year old adult. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I've pre-ordered GTAV from Amazon with free UK first class delivery i.e. within 1 day of release, and using Parcelmotel, I should have it in my hands by the 18th or 19th at the latest, now that's well worth saving €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,170 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The only time amazon wouldn't let me order a game resulting in me using Parcel Motel was when I ordered off Marketplace and not from them directly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

There's been cases in the past all right where I couldn't place an order for a game to come here, but I preordered a few weeks back and it went through ok.... now having a mini panic wondering should I change address to parental in the UK or use ParcelMotel or just hope for the best... I'm better at killing hookers than making decisions :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is there any easier method for ordering?....they dont deliver to Ireland and this Parcel Motel malarky seems complicated and extended delivery time.

So is the hassle worth saving 20 quid :confused:

I told you in the other thread it's not difficult to set up a PM account.

That's E20 per game you're saving, not a once off E20.
    So well worth ordering off amazon.

Richard, are you actually having difficulty putting through an order on amazon? Something my 5 year old brother has done twice.

Here's a simple step by step.

Go to www.amazon.co.uk
    Search for the product you want to buy
    Find item in search results
    Click on item yo be redirected to product page
    Find the add yo basket and click on it
    Proceed to checkout
    now sign in to your account or set up a new one
    if it's the latter then fill in all your detsils
    select your delivery address
    Next select payment method
    Now on checkout page ensure all the details are correct and if your order is above £25 select free super saver delivery
    Finally click on the buy it Icon and wait by your postbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A few of us told you in the PS forum, that Amazon do deliver to Ireland. Sometimes, if you're buying from a reseller & not Amazon directly, they don't ship here but Amazon themselves do. Also, free supersaver delivery on items when you spend over £25 is sweet.

Parcel Motel couldn't be easier to set up & use either, give it a try. Your first two collections are free I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do standard delivery (3-4 days) and super saver delivery (4-5 days) come via an post yeah?and the two day delivery is via courier ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Er, they do? :confused:

I've ordered numerous items off them at good prices.

Yeah... I love Lego. I collect and build. Yup, I am an 27 year old adult. :)

If its LEGO Technic i get it....but the kiddie stuff :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Choose your next words carefully young man. I wont have anyone insult Lego here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,170 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't this like a Nintendo argument?

• Advertisement

tampler wrote: »
    Choose your next words carefully young man. I wont have anyone insult Lego here...

No no....you misunderstand, i used to collect Zoids!

That's exactly how most of us feel when you go on and on about some show aimed at 17 year old girls.

If you think Lego is just for kids then you have obviously never seen any of the bad ass Lego statues or possible play sets such as the Portal one.

How dare you! :pac:

Lego is awesome and no matter what age you are. I am full out blown AFOL and proud of it, even it gives me a few weird looks. Best thing is, that Lego was always and investment. A damn fun investment.

DSC_0135_zps120fa778.jpg

To keep it still on topic, that another part of my mancave. And yes, I am PC gamer! :pac:
    * There is a 42' TV in a back to ready for PS4. Damn TV does not even have Plastic off bezels. :pac:

DSC_0136_zpsc3b7c884.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Only 2 Warcraft collector editions?

Collection = Horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I bought The Last Of Us off amazon, and have GTA V on pre-order from there no problems. It's quite simple really.

How old is that desk?....belong on antiques roadshow or summit....

:eek:

How dare you! :pac:

Lego is awesome and no matter what age you are. I am full out blown AFOL and proud of it, even it gives me a few weird looks. Best thing is, that Lego was always and investment. A damn fun investment.

DSC_0135_zps120fa778.jpg

To keep it still on topic, that another part of my mancave. And yes, I am PC gamer! :pac:
    * There is a 42' TV in a back to ready for PS4. Damn TV does not even have Plastic off bezels. :pac:

DSC_0136_zpsc3b7c884.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

To keep it still on topic, that another part of my mancave.

I hate it when herself calls it my Mancave. "Men have dens and this is just a games room!"

How old is that desk?....belong on antiques roadshow or summit....

:eek:

When I moved in it was there. One of the best parts of the house. Its huge for all my monitors and more, Comfortable, lots of drawers for stuff, big enough to be able to play with lego, great structural construction of a table it self, Misses shadowhearth helping me to test it regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

love zoids
    love that desk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I find it funny Richard slagging ShadowH about seemingly childish things (Lego ftw!) and he is always watching CW shows aimed at tween girls :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement