Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student at UCD

Options
  • 04-09-2013 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

So I'm taking a course that has short hours and I'm wondering if I can get an additional degree by taking additional modules in a different subject area?

So I want (and have the work ethic) to go get a second degree in English. How many modules would I need to take to be eligible per year to be eligible?

I know someone who got 2 degrees at another university, so I'm wondering if this is possible at UCD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

A friends lecturer told him that there is a thing where you can do a BA alongside another degree provided the other degree isn't itself a BA. He thinks it's in the College Charter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

matTNT wrote: »
    So I'm taking a course that has short hours and I'm wondering if I can get an additional degree by taking additional modules in a different subject area?

So I want (and have the work ethic) to go get a second degree in English. How many modules would I need to take to be eligible per year to be eligible?

I know someone who got 2 degrees at another university, so I'm wondering if this is possible at UCD?

If this is possible, you would have to take an additional 60 Credits a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Wow that's crazy, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I was always of the understanding that a student could only undertake one course in any given university. As far as I know, there's nothing to stop you taking 2 courses at the same time, providing they're in different institutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Are you factoring in the time you're supposed to spend reading and revising the course material through the year when you say your course has short hours?

• Advertisement
Advertisement