If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice and price on new 50/55 inch tv & surround system

Options
  • 04-09-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi..any advice on 50/55 inch tv,what model would you recommend & best price? Would also like surround sounds system .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Maxy, cheers for the post.

We can certainly recommend a few things for you and I would start with the 50" TV, but as I'm not sure of your budget or any features you would like, this may in the wrong ballpark.

There is one that really jumps out against the rest which is a Panasonic TXL50ET60 - This is a smart TV, 3D, 600Hz processing, wifi on board, 5 year warranty and free 3D blu ray player and this is priced at £999.95 which includes free delivery to boardies.

A beautiful TV that has great features, very well laid out smart hub and is beautiful to look at when switched off !

The 55" in this is £1299.95 and the same deal applies.

I would suggest this as one of the best at sensible money but if you are looking something cheaper or more expensive, let me know.

My personal opinion is that if you are looking the best 50" that we do, again at this sort of price bracket, then the Panasonic TXP50GT60 at £1299.95 is the best picture and sound that we have on a 50" less than £1500. It's simply stunning and has better contrast, colours, depth of image, better motion handling and the list goes on.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp50gt60b/pana-txp50gt60b

I would buy this over the 55" LED any day and forget about the extra 5". This comes with 5 year warranty and free delivery.

Let me know what you make of this and as there are so many surround systems, a rough idea of budget either for the two or for the sound system would give us a little more to go on in terms of what we quote you for.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MaxyJazz

Hi I had a look at the Samsung ue55es8000 model and really like it !!
    What do you think of it ?? Also prob looking for 2 tv's as my brother wants one,maybe we can get a better deal for 2? 
    Thanks for your help ..much appreciated!
    Btw the 50 Panasonic looks like very good value...very tempting !!
    My max budget would be around 3.5K for tv and surround system ...

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MaxyJazz wrote: »
    Hi I had a look at the Samsung ue55es8000 model and really like it !!
    What do you think of it ?? Also prob looking for 2 tv's as my brother wants one,maybe we can get a better deal for 2? 
    Thanks for your help ..much appreciated!
    Btw the 50 Panasonic looks like very good value...very tempting !!
    My max budget would be around 3.5K for tv and surround system ...
    Hi Maxy,

The Samsung is a great screen.  Samsung are by far one of the best for Smart TV also.  Alot more catch up content and a very nice Smart Hub to go along with it.

The picture quality is next to none.  Excellent colours and the motion handling is superb too.  The actual design of the TV is worth a mention too.  Very slick indeed.

Current price on the 55 F8000 is £2,299.95 which includes a free 5 year guarantee and also free shipping :)

On the AV side of things how about the The Denon AVRX 1000 currently sitting at £349.95.  For a great speaker pack to match up check out the Wharfdale MS-100.  These are a nice discreet speaker pack with great sound for all the size of them.  Check the links below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avrx1000/deno-avrx1000
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/wharfedale/ms-100/whar-ms100-blk

So total for the system would be 

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.