Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free upgrade

Options
  • 04-09-2013 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Hi

A week after I enquired about canceling my eircom service, I got a letter in the post saying that as I was a valued customer, my broadband speed was going to be upgraded from 8 to 24 for no charge.
    Do I need to do anything like reseting the router to make this happen?
    Speed is still at 8.
    I am due to cancel in four days.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

dobsdave wrote: »
    Hi

A week after I enquired about canceling my eircom service, I got a letter in the post saying that as I was a valued customer, my broadband speed was going to be upgraded from 8 to 24 for no charge.
    Speed is still at 8.

Thanks.
    Hi dobsdave,

I have checked this for you and I'm afraid it is not an automatic upgrade. We can process the order for you if you wish however a new 12 month contract will imply.  Do you wish to upgrade?

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks for the reply Tracey,

I do not wish to upgrade.
    Was this new contract stated on any letters sent out?
    dobsdave wrote: »
    Hi

Speed is still at 8.

Thanks.
    Hi dobsdave,

I have checked this for you and I'm afraid it is not an automatic upgrade. We can process the order for you if you wish however a new 12 month contract will imply.  Do you wish to upgrade?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement