Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slightly confused regarding the Irish Naturalization form!

Options
  • 04-09-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Ok, so my wife is applying to become an Irish Citizen - she's been a resident here for 8 years, we live here.. it's time!

The form however, is slightly confusing, so I'd really appreciate some clarification on a couple of things!

"Some of the copies of documents that are required with this application must be certified. In order to make a certified copy, you must take your original certificates/documents to your solicitor ... and ask them to make a photocopy of each document and certify that it is a true copy of the original, ie stamp and sign it "true copy of the original"...."

SOME of the copies of documents? It doesn't state which. There are some on the form that I ASSUME they would want certified. But it's not 100% clear! Also, could I not (for example) send an original birth certificate, or do they insist on a certified copy of that? Or both the original AND certified copy?

Advertisement