Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Fees (BOI)

Options
  • 05-09-2013 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

So today  received a letter saying €48 wil be deducted from my account for quarterly bank fees, this is a joke! Strongly thinking o switching to PTSB, is 48 an average amount, that's crazy and   I cant afford that 4 times a year. Being with BOI nearly30 years now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi chargerman.

We are sorry to hear we may lose your business.

As we do not have account access here, we are unable to advise how these fees may have accumulated. Please contact your account holding branch directly and a representative will be happy to look into the charges for you.

Please see here for the link to our branch locator where you will find the contact details for your bank.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lovebug

My shock today...

I restructured my Credit card with BOI and cleared it with a personal loan....

Today logging onto 365online I see my credit card account in credit of €30....

I rang up and asked to see if it can be transferred to the current a/c. I was told the card had to be in credit by €30 to pay the Govt stamp duty... I said wasn't this paid this year... customer service guy says yes... that was taken on April 1st...

I said so why are you taking another €30... he said... that's for next year... I told him my card had been cancelled... oh yes when a card is cancelled we put this on for next year... I asked was this in the Terms and conditions and he said yes... I read and searched them...... I cannot find anywhere in the BOI T&C's where it says we'll make sure your card has €30 credit on it for Govt stamp duty for the year after...

Hellloooo??? I don't have the card anymore! I want my €30!!! Or else point out to me where the fee is shown on the Terms and conditions or is this just another ... we can change the T's and C's anytime we want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

BOI are getting to be a complete joke. I went into my branch to ask about my €48 charges and the woman at the desk just told me I would have received notification about the charges. Didn't try one bit to help me. I have never been so certain to change banks, only I didn't have my ID with me in town today I would have went into PTSB . Their an utter disgrace, no loyality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi lovebug,

Thank you for your post.

Bank of Ireland collects stamp duty for credit cards on the 1st April each year. 
    When charged €30, this is the fee for the previous year. If you close your credit card account after the 1st April you are considered to be in the new tax year and therefore still liable for this tax.
    This is not a Bank of Ireland charge but a government charge and should you wish to query this you will need to contact the Revenue Department directly on 1890 48 25 82.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

This is senseless... I have been charged €20 this month for bank charges, €15 on bailout money transactions and a new €5 charge for more bailout money maintenance of my account... Meanwhile our UK counterparts pay nothing

You have just lost a customer of 10 years

Please inform the relevant person of the huge mistake they have made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

I left boi and am now with 0 charge ptsb. Bit of a hassle to change but well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

This is senseless... I have been charged €20 this month for bank charges, €15 on bailout money transactions and a new €5 charge for more bailout money maintenance of my account... Meanwhile our UK counterparts pay nothing

Hi colmtheperson,

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your current account fees and are now considering closing your account.  

The new €5 maintenance fee only came in during the fee quarter which began on the 19/8/13, customers will not pay this until the next fees are due to be posted on the 31/12/13.

Bank of Ireland values all their customers and we would not like to lose your custom, if you do end up closing your account we wish you all the best in your future.

Thanks

Seán   

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Hi colmtheperson,

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your current account fees and are now considering closing your account.  

The new €5 maintenance fee only came in during the fee quarter which began on the 19/8/13, customers will not pay this until the next fees are due to be posted on the 31/12/13.

Bank of Ireland values all their customers and we would not like to lose your custom, if you do end up closing your account we wish you all the best in your future.

Thanks

Seán   
    Hi Seán

If you don't want to loose my custom forever get rid of these senseless fees ASAP otherwise it's hello PTSB

I know  I was on here giving out about BOI and the charges (and got in trouble by mods) but I am happy now. The message was some how read by the bank manager and he sent me a letter today saying he was sorry to hear I was disappointed and as a once off, refunded me my charges and invited me to come into the bank to see what options suit my needs best. Thanks BOI, ye made a very unhappy customer happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi chargerman,

We are glad you are happy with the letter you have received and hope you have a nice meeting with the manager.

Thank you for posting and we appreciate the update.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

Hi chargerman,

We are glad you are happy with the letter you have received and hope you have a nice meeting with the manager.

Thank you for posting and we appreciate the update.

Thanks
    Linda
    Was only fair to post after all my giving out :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'm gone to PTSB for my current account from BOI. Just to warn people my one and only direct debit did not transfer over. Probably because this direct debit has never been called upon once by the utility company concerned and it never showed in my direct debit list on banking 365.

Advertisement