Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social enterprise/ service type business

Options
  • 05-09-2013 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Ok so I've been reading up a lot on business startups, etc. I am finding it tough to find work right now in my area (disability) and have an idea for a business which I've been researching for a year or so. I don't really want it to be your standard kind of business model- I won't be making anything or selling a 'thing' or upscaling within x years to create x amount of jobs... So a lot of the stuff I'm reading on enterprise board websites and other 'start up your business' sites aren't quite applying.

I'm wondering if anyone here has set up a social enterprise/ knowledge based type business, and how they went about it? The sensible thing seems to be to set up as a sole trader but I'm not sure about that.

Any and all advice or pointers would be gratefully received!!

Advertisement