Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband via phone line?

• 05-09-2013 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭

Hi I was in my neighbours house 2 doors away from me and he has Vodafone bb via phone line.

But I rang up Vodafone asking them could I get there service installed,and she says we will need to test your line and I said all I have is a line coming in to my house,but there is no box inside as I chucked it out years ago after getting shut of eircom.

She said it will take 2-3 days for results of the line test?.

I said my neighbour has it 2 doors away,so wouldn't I be able to get it also.and she says u might not as the line might not be up to it.

Sure we are coming from the same exchange system.

Any ideas on this please.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Every line is unique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Ring them again..

I signed up to them yesterday.. We have an expired eircom line,,but it hadn't been used in over 10 years. They done the test in a few hours and said the line was fine.

If it had not been fine,,they check if your neighbors have it,,and if they do,they send out an engineer if needed.

But as pointed out above,,each line is different..If your neighbor was getting 15MB,,it don't mean you would get the same...You could get more,,or less.

But I think it would be worth your while to chat with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 allig8or

bassy wrote: »
    Hi I was in my neighbours house 2 doors away from me and he has Vodafone bb via phone line.

But I rang up Vodafone asking them could I get there service installed,and she says we will need to test your line and I said all I have is a line coming in to my house,but there is no box inside as I chucked it out years ago after getting shut of eircom.

She said it will take 2-3 days for results of the line test?.

I said my neighbour has it 2 doors away,so wouldn't I be able to get it also.and she says u might not as the line might not be up to it.

Sure we are coming from the same exchange system.

Any ideas on this please.

Sounds like your being victimized or your dealing with one of the many bull**** support clients

• Registered Users Posts: 22 allig8or

allig8or wrote: »
    Sounds like your being victimized or your dealing with one of the many bull**** support clients.
    If your neighbour next door can get it, you can also there's no question about it if you have a line coming into your house, if you don't I cant say for sure but only Eircom can sort it out and it usually comes at great cost if ever. I heard recently that Vodafon have taken over from Eircom, maybe it would be a good idea to do a little research and call them back when you have answers to the bull**** they expect you to believe. Good Luck

Advertisement