Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Cocktail Club

Options
  • 05-09-2013 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here been to this place? I'd love to go but I'm always paranoid that it'll be an older-crowd-type place and they wouldn't want my fresh face in their establishment. I'm 21 but look a little younger - anyone know if I'd get refused?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

it's definately a more mature crowd, but don't let it put you off.
    Perhaps dress well and just be confident and you'll have a good chance to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You need to make a reservation, so when you phone them tell them that you are young looking, and bring ID with you.

I've been there, I'm mid-30s and so is my wife, but the crowd was really mixed - groups of young girls in from shopping, and people older than us too.

It's expensive though, very expensive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there was a hen party when i was there, so i would assume they take anyone who is willing to pay.

As said previously, make a reservation and bring a wad of cash. You will be looking at €30 for 2 cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

John Mason wrote: »
    there was a hen party when i was there, so i would assume they take anyone who is willing to pay.

As said previously, make a reservation and bring a wad of cash. You will be looking at €30 for 2 cocktails.

Don't bother with it, faux exclusive nonsense.

Just go to the Liquor Rooms beside the Clarence Hotel, it's the same owners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

John Mason wrote: »
    You will be looking at €30 for 2 cocktails.

Well f*ck that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Its expensive, but its expensive in the way that a michelin star restaurant is more expensive than a local bistro.

They're the best at what they do imo. Liquor rooms is very good as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Do you have to make a reservation now? Didn't previously. I've had a great time there but it is very expensive but for a once in a while splash out it's great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Do you have to make a reservation now? Didn't previously. I've had a great time there but it is very expensive but for a once in a while splash out it's great fun.

Half of VCC is kept for walk in's, half for reservations

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Was there a couple of weeks ago without reservation. Seemed quiet enough and was a Thursday. Agree with the others though, bring plenty of cash. I'm usually the first to moan about expensive booze but felt I did get my money's worth. Wouldn't be my regular cup of tea but we'd dressed up to go to the races and decided to treat ourselves..definitely not something you'd do every week though. Would much rather pay €10-€12 for a good cocktail there than €6+ for a rank Guinness in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Thanks guys. Looks like if I were to make a reservation I'm sure it wouldn't be problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

If you make a reservation don't turn up late. They'll make a point of it and send you to the naughty seats at the bar lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hammertime wrote: »
    Don't bother with it, faux exclusive nonsense.

Just go to the Liquor Rooms beside the Clarence Hotel, it's the same owners

This.

Cocktails are average enough for the price. Strangest atmosphere of any place I've been to recently too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

cson wrote: »
    This.

Cocktails are average enough for the price. Strangest atmosphere of any place I've been to recently too.

This. Was there this weekend.

I found the cocktail quite tasteless, and yeah very little atmosphere in the place. The cocktails aren't priced any more expensively than cocktails generally in Dublin though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i go there a good bit, its not anymore expensive than a decent cocktail place, food is amazing, and you can walk in most nights no problem, reserving is usually a wise option. Great for a couples night or a date, not really a place to get locked, limited to a sudo 2 hrs rule for seats, but rarely enforce it unless very busy

Advertisement