Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Save content to Apple TV?

• 05-09-2013 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Is it possible to save content to the Apple TV?
    We have them here in work and they are looking to have the screensaver changed from the animals (apple standard) to a company set of images, and also run a 3 minute video clip on repeat when needed.

At the minute I can do all of this from iTunes, but is it possible to have these files sit on the Apple TV so that I dont have to have my laptop left in the room?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Anyone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Apple TV has no usable memory as far as I know, so I don't think it'd be possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I think the Apple TV can also use pictures from your camera roll in the screensaver. You could take pictures using an iphone or iPad linked to the Apple TV through an AppleID and it might work?

I would say that the three minute video is out of the question.

What might also work is an app called Statusboard for iPad, but I don't know if that does video either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

There's a new version of the OS about to come out that has conference room type functionality which will allow you t customise the background. Lots of businesses use them for presentations instead of projectors.

http://www.slashgear.com/apple-tv-ios-5-4-beta-includes-itunes-radio-conference-room-mode-18286865/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Anyone??

No its not storage device. Its memory is only used for caching.

Maybe it would still work if the laptop is turned off. But I expect Apple has blocked that. Easy to try, play the movie, then turn off the laptop, it should be cached on the Apple TV. If its blocked, then Apple have blocked it somehow.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1159701/apple_tv_caching.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks a million folks. Thats exactly what I needed. Ill get back to management and let them know.

Advertisement