Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW Clontarf Half & 5 mile & Junior November 23rd

Options
  • 05-09-2013 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

We are going to run Clontarf on saturday November 23rd...

Couple of differences to July Clontarf.

- Entry fee
    It will be €26 for the Half marathon
    and €17 for 5 mile
    We have taken out medals and tops to bring it down.

- 5 mile
    Will start and finish at the wind monument.
    It will cross the wooden bridge towards the mens bathing shealter and then turn back. So 95% is on hard surface.

- Junior
    Will be 1.5km so there is no over lap with 5 mile runners

Website is being updated. Entry link is here https://regonline.activeeurope.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1287843

There will be pacers for 1.30 1.40 1.45 1.50 2 hours

The rest will be pretty much the same. Permit is pending and Raheny Shamrocks are doing the marshalling. Closed roads

Potentially a shot at a PB without the heat experienced in July. Could be a good aprés marathon race or end of season legger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

I know it's in November, but will it be as hot as last time?? I mean, I need some guarantees here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I know it's in November, but will it be as hot as last time?? I mean, I need some guarantees here.

You will have the wind and rain in your face and if lucky some waves over the wall. Just a normal november day there

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭eoin ryan

I imagine the day will be some way between both.... :)
    Temp reduction is assured.
    Someone clocked 26-27 for July race!!

Advertisement