Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Leaving Cert Books - Stolen

Options
  • 05-09-2013 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

My son has just returned to school doing his Leaving Cert and had three of his brand new books stolen. I'm genuinely disgusted! We have been to purchase two out of the three, but we still require "Its the Business" by J Stafford ISBN NO 978-1-84536-519-6

Just wondering if someone has a copy in good condition, as we cannot locate it any in the recommended suppliers, and they say at this stage they are unlikely to be ordering a fresh supply. Willing to pay incl postage/collect within reason.

Hoping the little scut that robbed them gets a really good LEAVING CERT SO THEY CAN GO ON TO CHANGE THEIR WAYS AND PAY THEIR WAY IN SOCIETY LIKE THE REST OF US DECENT FOLK! (RANT OVER)

Thanks in advance,

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    My son has just returned to school doing his Leaving Cert and had three of his brand new books stolen. I'm genuinely disgusted! We have been to purchase two out of the three, but we still require "Its the Business" by J Stafford ISBN NO 978-1-84536-519-6

Just wondering if someone has a copy in good condition, as we cannot locate it any in the recommended suppliers, and they say at this stage they are unlikely to be ordering a fresh supply. Willing to pay incl postage/collect within reason.

Hoping the little scut that robbed them gets a really good LEAVING CERT SO THEY CAN GO ON TO CHANGE THEIR WAYS AND PAY THEIR WAY IN SOCIETY LIKE THE REST OF US DECENT FOLK! (RANT OVER)

Thanks in advance,

T

Hi Twiggy,

It's on schoolbooks.ie. 4 left in stock.
    http://www.schoolbooks.ie/556670-600930-0-%7CEducational_Company%7CIt%27s_The_Business

I used them before and it was next day delivery as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Just discovered we have been let down on the Maths book as well. It's Text & Test 3 - for Leaving Cert. The one we thought we had sourced turned out to be for Junior Cert :(

Hoping to source these Second hand at this stage as its an expensive month!

Thanks,

T

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    Just discovered we have been let down on the Maths book as well. It's Text & Test 3 - for Leaving Cert. The one we thought we had sourced turned out to be for Junior Cert :(

Hoping to source these Second hand at this stage as its an expensive month!

Thanks,

T

telling me !!!!

telling me !!!!

Jeez, you do your best for your kids, buy new uniforms, books, ancillary bits and bobs plus all the stealth fees in our so called Free Education system, and then some opportunistic pr!ck goes and robs the very materials your kid needs. It now is an issue in every class he attends that he does not have his course books.

I'm raging!!!

T

I can't catch a break on this one... Both books are new for this Senior cycle so I dutifully purchased them new again. Thanks to all of you who lent me your advice and assistance.

Many thanks,

T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 youthcricket

Hi, Sorry to hear what happened. It is so expensive sending kids to school without having his books robbed. My daughter is only starting secondary so I am not able to help with books but you might be able to get some of them second-hand here
    http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/second-hand-School-books

Thanks yc, the books have been re-purchased today.. Thanks to you and all the contributors for your advice and assistance.

T

Advertisement