Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Leaving Cert Books - Stolen

• 05-09-2013 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

My son has just returned to school doing his Leaving Cert and had three of his brand new books stolen. I'm genuinely disgusted! We have been to purchase two out of the three, but we still require "Its the Business" by J Stafford ISBN NO 978-1-84536-519-6

Just wondering if someone has a copy in good condition, as we cannot locate it any in the recommended suppliers, and they say at this stage they are unlikely to be ordering a fresh supply. Willing to pay incl postage/collect within reason.

Hoping the little scut that robbed them gets a really good LEAVING CERT SO THEY CAN GO ON TO CHANGE THEIR WAYS AND PAY THEIR WAY IN SOCIETY LIKE THE REST OF US DECENT FOLK! (RANT OVER)

EDIT - Just discovered we have been let down on the Maths book as well. It's Text & Test 3 - for Leaving Cert. The one we thought we had sourced turned out to be for Junior Cert 

Hoping to source these Second hand at this stage as its an expensive month!

Thanks in advance,

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Try adverts.ie and donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Have you tried contact any of last years leaving certs? Most would probably be happy just to be rid of the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Or even the school. I'm sure they would have some lying around from previous LC students. Sorry this happened to you and it really is rude and disgusting on what they've done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

If your location is still correct, check out your local recycling centres. There are some second hand bookshops in the ones in County Wicklow (Arklow, Bray, Wicklow Town to name a few). I just finished working in one and I think we had some of the Text and Tests LC books (just be wary of the strands for Project Maths).

Give the centres a call and someone can check the stock for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

That's Honours thinking BSCM, thank you :)

T

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Out of everything ... the thief steals books, how desperate is this battle for "LC books"?

Its a lot more simplistic than it might seem. It probably wasnt for the books but if a group seen an open opportunity they probably took em for themselves.

It was aweful in my school in the years up to 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

I can't catch a break on this one... Both books are new for this Senior cycle so I dutifully purchased them new again. Thanks to all of you who lent me your advice and assistance.

Many thanks,

T

The usual :rolleyes:
    A revision that adds all of 2 pages probably.

Sorry this happened. Tell your son to keep his locker locked (You'd be surprised how many dont) and to leave his bag either in his view or in view of a camera when he has to leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi, this has happened in several school I've worked in, write your son's name discretely (near the centre) on the same page in each book. For example on page 32 of each book. At least if they are stolen again you will have some proof that they are his if they turn up in someone else's possession.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement