Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

it's not all about the heat

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I see your Norseman and raise you Swissman ;)

Same company, or at least part of a group, along with the Celtman I think.

I want to do one of these races in the next few years, but the more I look at it the more I realise I'm not nearly ready for it. Epic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Some day!!!!!

Amazing how many of the swimmers had booties on. I didn't think they would be permitted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Oryx wrote: »
    I see your Norseman and raise you Swissman ;)

i'll call that. no jump off a boat. that boat ride must be one of the most surreal experiences ever. and i think the norseman finish is more impressive, so for me norseman still looks cooler.

that said i'm a million miles away from either one..:D

norseman_profile_reference.gif

2i7xweg.png
    Swissman is harder. :D

I notice in Swissman this year, the first female finisher was Emma Pooley, Olympic cyclist. The bike leg took her 7 hours.

• Advertisement

Don't forget Embrunman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mossym wrote: »
    so for me norseman still looks cooler.

that said i'm a million miles away from either one..:D
    Oryx wrote: »
    Swissman is harder. :D

i think when you get to that level of difficulty, harder is diminishing..so the fact you get to jump off a boat wins.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Norseman is on the bucket list but knowing my luck in long distance races i would probably jump off the boat and behead myself hitting the propellers!!

I wonder have many people had someone jump in on top of them at Norseman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

whatever about the booties, the hands would be my problem. if the water is too cold, after about twenty mins i can't keep my fingers together, i end up just making the spock sign with my hands

• Advertisement
Advertisement