Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New MFC printer/scanner

Options
  • 05-09-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

My trusty old Brother DCP-750CW has finally given up the ghost after 6+ years, so I reckon it's time to move on and get a new one.

The old one did everything I needed - print (obviously), b&w, colour, scan, email, wireless connectivity, etc . . .

The usage model is pretty light. I think over those 6 years we printed something like a couple of thousand pages - the usual sort of 1 or 2 page emails every few days, and the occasional 10 page set of instructions from the web. We maybe used the scanner 20 or 30 times, but when we needed the function we really needed it, so scanner is essential.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement printer? Ideally in the Brother line, but I'm open to other options.

Thanks,

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

well i have the hp 6500

not sure if this model is still available but similar would be

ive had it for about 3 years and it says ive printed 3750 pages, the inks arent that expensive either

€15 for each colour and €20 for the black and they are the XL ones.

inks from argos

mine i went for the non-wireless option but i just connected the printer to my router and then its wireless over the network for everything even my phone.

How much you looking to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Thanks for the reply. I was out and about over the weekend and checked out DID (or was it Powercity, they're all the same to me). They had a Brother DCP-J4110DW for (in theory) €149, but you could ask for €20 off, so it was €129. It has all the usual bells & whistles but has the advantage of printing A3.

I went home and checked the reviews and it looks to be good, plus I've been happy with Brother printers to date. I checked Argos and they had it for €99. I had a €50 Argos voucher, so in the end it cost me €49 net.

So far it has worked very well. The only gotcha is that it (of course) doesn't take the same ink cartridges as the old one, so I have to get rid of the old ones and buy new ones.

z

Advertisement