Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Running Shoes

Options
  • 05-09-2013 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi
    New to this running game and am looking to get a new pair of running shoes. I currently am using Nike runners (not sure on type) with a deep sole but they are a few years old and need updating. Am planning on doing a few 10k's etc in the coming months nothing to major. What is the best route to go to buy new ones. I am in sligo and am debating on wheter or not to go to elverys to get fitted (heard they arent great?) or to buy online from the likes of decathalon etc? Also am going to Galway next weekend so thought they might have somewhere worth trying for fitting? When i am running at the minute i sometimes find slight pains in my shins nothing to sore but you would know its there. I am 5ft 10 and about 14st and am relatively fit as do a good bit of cycling. All advice and recomendations greatly appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

If you're traveling by car, you should pop out to Amphibian King in Oranmore, just a few miles outside the city.
    They'll give you all the advice you need.

Advertisement