Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need ideas for family celebration

Options
  • 05-09-2013 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I need to organise a night or weekend away for a family celebration -will just be parents, children & grandchildren (10 adults, 8 children).

Ideally a night or 2 stay over someplace.

Don't want to do formal dinner .. am looking for something a bit more relaxed, with a good atmosphere and a bit of craic. The main issue is trying to pick a venue or location that will also work with kids (ages will range from 1yr to 7yrs). Could organise a babysitter for night-time but would like to get a place that would be fairly child friendly.

Any ideas out there??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ah this sounds lovely.

This coming week-end where I work a family are organising something very similar. The main organiser phoned me to assist with their Family Gathering :) A week-end away with just breakfast included; preferring to dine out in town after their day re-uniting around Kerry. Almost the same as yourself with the informal, relaxed, family-friendly approach.

Any decent hotel would assist you with an occasion like this and most would be family-friendly too (won't mind children around and up listening to/ dancing to the music in the bar in the evening).

What part of the country are you enquiring about?

Nice of you to organise this Family Function,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

Thanks Kerry4sam! :-) Family is based in Kildare & the midlands. Probably looking at a 2hr drive - so any hotel within a 2(ish) hour radius would be ideal.

Could go further afield if the venue looked very good - so fairly flexible really!

Advertisement