Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS352 lost code

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, we have just moved in to a second-hand holiday-house. The previous owner didn't get the code from the original owners who had installed the alarm... (or that is what they are telling). So when we moved in and put on the main current the alarm went off and the whole neighborhood was comming to check. I disconnected the battery (it took me 10 minutes to find the panel) but had to leave the fuse of the current also off. Now I disconnected the primary fuse of the panel so I can use the other appliances that are connected to the powercables. I called the installation guy... his solution: buy a whole new system (except for the detectors- PIR's, contacts, etc.) cost up to € 600 or +/- $ 700 for a basic panel without the ability for telecom monitoring.
    My question: can't I reset this system to the Original factory settings and put in a new code myself? Any help would be very much appreciated!
    A manual in English, French or Germam but even more in Dutch would be also nice... think the manuals for all the CS350 systems are the same?
    Kind regards

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

He's ripping you off . Shop around and get someone out to reset it.
    I'll send you the CS350 manual.
    If you wan't to try reset it yourself:::
    With the system powered down open the panel , remove the battery & remove the factory link marked LK1.
    Power up the panel with this removed.
    If you are prompted to select language press arrow up 1 for English & disarm using 01122 you can then enter engineer using 01278.
    If that doesn't work you will need to get an engineer out to reset the system for you. But you certainly don't need a whole new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Prutser

KoolKid wrote: »
    He's ripping you off . Shop around and get someone out to reset it.
    I'll send you the CS350 manual.
    If you wan't to try reset it yourself:::
    With the system powered down open the panel , remove the battery & remove the factory link marked LK1.
    Power up the panel with this removed.
    If you are prompted to select language press arrow up 1 for English & disarm using 01122 you can then enter engineer using 01278.
    If that doesn't work you will need to get an engineer out to reset the system for you. But you certainly don't need a whole new system.

Thx for the info,this info I found also in another thread from a couple years ago... since I am a totally ignorent about electronic matters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Prutser wrote: »
    Hey, we have just moved in to a second-hand holiday-house. The previous owner didn't get the code from the original owners who had installed the alarm... (or that is what they are telling). So when we moved in and put on the main current the alarm went off and the whole neighborhood was comming to check. I disconnected the battery (it took me 10 minutes to find the panel) but had to leave the fuse of the current also off. Now I disconnected the primary fuse of the panel so I can use the other appliances that are connected to the powercables. I called the installation guy... his solution: buy a whole new system (except for the detectors- PIR's, contacts, etc.) cost up to € 600 or +/- $ 700 for a basic panel without the ability for telecom monitoring.
    My question: can't I reset this system to the Original factory settings and put in a new code myself? Any help would be very much appreciated!
    A manual in English, French or Germam but even more in Dutch would be also nice... think the manuals for all the CS350 systems are the same?
    Kind regards

He is trying to rip you off. This system is so easy to reset. He is just looking for a handy upgrade.

Advertisement