Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HR strap won't stay on.

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:24am
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

This is a peculiar one, and I seem to be unique with it. :P

I have a garmin, with hr, but the hr strap will not stay on. The strap is the older model like this Even if I put it on tight enough to be uncomfortable, it eventually ends up around my waist. I seem to be a peculiar tapered shape! Its manageable on the bike, but useless when running, I'm constantly hitching it up. But I want to be able to train with the thing.

So barring glue or staples, anyone got any bright ideas? Can you get garmin hr straps with silcone dots or anything, or is the new model better? I know it seems petty but it bugs the hell out of me.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Exact same thing happens to me. They're not designed for womens bodies. Suggestion I was given was to wear a crop top over your bra and that will help keep it in place given the crop top will go down lower than your bra the elastic should help keep it in place. I used to tie a knot in mine...

*awaits all the boobs/bra funny responses*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Have you tried a base layer top? or pin it to a sports bra?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Have you tried a base layer top? or pin it to a sports bra?
    Havent tried a pin, but Ive worn it with a trisuit, with the same issues. I didnt try pinning because unless you do it in a few places it will still fall, and its awkward, too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Pin on each side, catching the fabric of the strap and let if 'float' just below the bra line.

If I had one I'd demo it :)

BTW the other strap is horrendous. I've used one of the new premium straps and the scarring on the chest is not pleasant. Mrs AKW also had the same issue with the straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Slips for me too, but I don't have to hitch it up enough (yet) that I'm tempted to ditch it.
    Apparently the fabric in the strap expands when wet, ie with sweat, but if you put it on wet it has no room for further expansion.

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    Slips for me too, but I don't have to hitch it up enough (yet) that I'm tempted to ditch it.
    Apparently the fabric in the strap expands when wet, ie with sweat, but if you put it on wet it has no room for further expansion.
    Now thats interesting. I might try putting it on wet.

And it seems Im not alone, which is nice. I thought I had an oddly shaped chest.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Apologies but i don't know if you're female?? Same problem for me with that strap. If you are female then i found that looping through yer bra at the back worked great for me. Since i got the soft strap one it stays in place fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Silly question would you not just hike it up over your boobs. Pretty sure thats what Tunney does and he finds it works for him.
    BTW the other strap is horrendous. I've used one of the new premium straps and the scarring on the chest is not pleasant. Mrs AKW also had the same issue with the straps.

I have to stop wearing the new strap as i have multiple scars on my chest. Not good when i am doing modeling photoshoots as they need to airbrush the marks off!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

more proof, if more was ever needed, that it's impossible to get close to a womans heart.

Ososlo wrote: »
    Apologies but i don't know if you're female?? Same problem for me with that strap. If you are female then i found that looping through yer bra at the back worked great for me. Since i got the soft strap one it stays in place fine though.
    Wont work with the kind of sports bra I wear, but thanks.

Silly question would you not just hike it up over your boobs.
    Good idea, if I had any. It probably works for tunney cos he has bigger boobs than me. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Silly question would you not just hike it up over your boobs. Pretty sure thats what Tunney does and he finds it works for him.

What I do to stop it falling down when running is to loop my Challenge Roth and Ironman Frankfurt medals around it and that stops it falling down.
    I have to stop wearing the new strap as i have multiple scars on my chest. Not good when i am doing modeling photoshoots as they need to airbrush the marks off!!

Assuming this is for idiot abroad 4 given the success of your appearance in the third series?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Have you thought of cutting it and restitching it to make it smaller? Not sure if it will work but the only time mine slips is when I don't tighten it for a few days and it works its way loose.

You could also just tighten the straps with pins and see if that works.

Advertisement