Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 14 Press Releases

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I got these in my inbox about FIFA 14 and figured I'd share cause it might be relevant to some interests. The first one is cool, but the second one is really cool! :D
    As the countdown to EA SPORTS™ FIFA 14 continues, we're kicking off the celebrations with the arrival of the awesome EA SPORTS™ Dugout which is making it’s way to Liffey Valley Shopping Centre today! Irish fans will get an exclusive first look at the game as the EA SPORTS Dugout celebrates the return of HMV to the shopping centre. The Dugout doors will be open from 12noon, with those who climb aboard also in with a chance to win tickets to the Republic of Ireland v Sweden World Cup Qualifier in the Aviva tomorrow night!

If you already have a ticket to the big game, The EA SPORTS Dugout will also be supporting the Boys in Green - parked on the grounds of the AVIVA stadium from 5pm on Friday. This state of the art gaming trailer is traveling to Ireland to showcase all the latest EA SPORTS™ titles including the incredible EA SPORTS FIFA 14 before it’s released on September 27th, so don't miss your chance to check it out!
    So go play FIFA 14 at the reopened HMV in Liffey Valley. However, here's the really good one:
    270533.jpg
    The EA Talent Scout campaign is back again! Do you live and breathe football, have an encyclopaedic knowledge of your favourite team and the patience and dedication to work with our database? If the answer is: yes, yes and YES – then we want you for the Fifa Video Game series!
    I'm done reading - sign me up!

We’ve got upto 2000 active members in our data collection community but we’re always looking for more football experts to join our team. This is your chance to help us ensure the appearance of your favourite players and teams in FIFA are as close a reflection of the beautiful game as possible.

So, what kind of roles are available?

Data Reviewers: This voluntary role is the way into our community for the overwhelming majority of people. We’ll ask you to take a look at the data for the clubs that you know inside-out and give us your feedback. If Data Reviewers do well they can be offered a contract and promotion to become Data Editors. It’s a good role to understand the database and show us the quality and depth of your football knowledge.

Data Editors: A really important role. Data Editors research and edit teams and players within our massive database, so this covers team formation, style settings, player attributes and much more. It’s a contracted position and you’ll see your name in the credits.

Applying couldn’t be easier: for Data Reviewers we want you to fill in a quick online form, and for the rest we’ll ask you to complete a straightforward test.

For all these roles we’re looking for hardcore football fans. Yes, you are a massive FIFA fan, but you’ll also know your every detail about your team’s entire squad, be aware of the up-and-coming youngsters and analyse the manager’s tactics after every game. And, to be honest, you’ve got to have the time, patience and inclination to work with and input data.

If you’re nodding along at this point, hairs standing up on your arms back of your neck – then you’re exactly who we want to join our database community. So apply through the Talent Scout website, and follow us on Twitter to help us to spread the word about the website and to keep up to date on the latest teams and leagues we need new reviewers for.
    Sounds like a pretty interesting opportunity - I'm afraid I don't know anything more about it beyond what's in the press release though. Best of luck to anyone who's applying for it.

Advertisement