Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average Toronto rent

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Wow, that's a tough question as it varies on the area of city. Generally antything Downtown will be expensive 1,600 a month upwards. The same place further out and on the subway line or the streetcar line could be quiet a bit lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

Hi, I'm interested to know this too. 1,600 is quite high. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice outside downtown, preferably within 20 mins of downtown by subway or street car? I'm looking for somewhere I could rent in a high-rise apartment building though rather than a house or basement apartment. What rent would you be looking at in these areas?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Well likely 1,600 downtown will include a Gym, swimming pool, tennis/soccer/basketball courts, theatre room while also electricity and water will also be included in your rent.

You could look around Queen East and then maybe the High Park area, but it's very hard to narrow down recommended areas for people. Personally I wouldn't like to live anywhere outside downtown as I work here and I hate public transport, what you save in rent you could end up spending in taxis and Public transport anyway.

Leaving that aside, well Cabbagetown has character, the Beaches also, Younge and Egglington is not a bad area either, Liberty Village has millions of new Condos's so the rental prices may have really come down there from the once highs. You can probably find some great conversions for good prices around the College West (little Italy) also possibly Dundas West (little Portugal)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

1 bed is going to cost ya! If you could share with others, it will help you money wise. Make sure to look up the Irish & New in Toronto group on Facebook, you might get an idea from that as well as the usual haunts like kijiji.ca, craigslist.ca and viewit.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I'm not sure you'll find a 1 bed apartment in a high rise building for anything less than 1300, if even that low, and I find public transport is quite costly over here so moving a bit further out may not really help in the long run. Plus the subway at peak hours is absolutely disgusting. If I have to choose between an hour walking or 20 mins on the subway, I choose to walk every time.

I wouldn't rule out a basement apartment. If you look properly you could easily find one with a separate entrance, adequate lighting and bills included for anywhere between 700-1000 a month depending on the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement