Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mugs

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

has anyone seen anywhere in galway that does giant (say 15oz) personalised mugs? or even somewhere that just sells extra large mugs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Probably Judy Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Probably Judy Green.

not really what im looking for. looks a bit fancy, and expensive.

im looking for a more normal looking mug......just extra large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I have a Starbucks 16oz mug. I got mine in Dublin, so I'm not sure if the one in NUIG have them. Can anyone confirm?

I have a Starbucks 16oz mug. I got mine in Dublin, so I'm not sure if the one in NUIG have them. Can anyone confirm?

is there a starbucks in the college? jaysus...

will check it out but would prefer a blank non branded one that i could print on. its a present for someone who's bloodtype is 40% barry's tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

is there a starbucks in the college? jaysus...

will check it out but would prefer a blank non branded one that i could print on. its a present for someone who's bloodtype is 40% barry's tea.

would a travel mug do?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

Could try contacting the Art college over by GMIT/G Hotel and seeing if you could 'commission' one of the students to make one. Can't be that big a job and you'd be giving somebody good experience too.

would a travel mug do?

not really. its a birthday present. has to be a mug that you'd drink out of at home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Barna Gifts do giant mugs..but unfortunately for you they're not blank

Antifa161 wrote: »
    Could try contacting the Art college over by GMIT/G Hotel and seeing if you could 'commission' one of the students to make one. Can't be that big a job and you'd be giving somebody good experience too.

interesting....might follow that up

but if someone knows anywhere in galway that i can but a fair sized blank mug then let me know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

Would it be viable to buy one of the pre-printed ones and just dip it? Suppose it depends what colour you want but if you don't mind a black base it should work fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Mug...pah...get him a pint glass...put tea in it...why have 2 cups when you can have 1 pint

Mug...pah...get him a pint glass...put tea in it...why have 2 cups when you can have 1 pint

Ah here now. Tea never tastes right out of glass... That's just sacrilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Ah here now. Tea never tastes right out of glass... That's just sacrilege.

but Im an aTEAisth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Your best bet is to either order online from someone like snapfish, or buy a plain white mug and decorate it yourself using a pottery-painting set from Smyths toystore.

A badly-painted hand-made present is far nicer than a well-made printed one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I bought a giant black mug for my dad in Poundworld in the Galway Shopping Centre. It was only €1.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_106010814099_-1

That ones pretty big! Maybe you could decorate the back ?

http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/27165/sharpie-on-a-mug thats a link on how to decorate a mug with a marker and cure it so its permanent and dishwasher safe etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You called? :pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    You called? :pac:

finallly, an authority!

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I bought a giant black mug for my dad in Poundworld in the Galway Shopping Centre. It was only €1.50!

now thats what im talkin about!! well in my price range!

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_106010814099_-1

That ones pretty big! Maybe you could decorate the back ?

http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/27165/sharpie-on-a-mug thats a link on how to decorate a mug with a marker and cure it so its permanent and dishwasher safe etc.

i know im gonna sound pernickity here but its more tankard then mug

but thanks for sharing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I thanked this post by accident.

I thanked this post by accident.

You cannot possibly comprehend the amount of tea I consume... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Most Paint Your Own Pottery studios will do a commissioned mug or you can have an enjoyable afternoon and paint the mug yourself. If they don't have any giant mugs, they may order some in for out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread is from last year so they should be sorted now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement