Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Info on learner permit

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I was told by an inspector for an insurance company :Pthat if im on my second provisional license i can drive on my own :confused: i was delighted to hear this:) but to be honest i was wondering if anyone else has info for me because what if this guy is wrong and i get done for no full license driver :(:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

He's talking sh1te, need a licenced driver with you until you pass the test, even if it takes 10 learner permits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

pudy wrote: »
    Hi,

I was told by an inspector for an insurance company :Pthat if im on my second provisional license i can drive on my own :confused: i was delighted to hear this:) but to be honest i was wondering if anyone else has info for me because what if this guy is wrong and i get done for no full license driver :(:eek:

You can not drive unaccompanied on any learner permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Blay wrote: »
    He's talking sh1te, need a licenced driver with you until you pass the test, even if it takes 10 learner permits.

+1 He probably called it a provisional licence too! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

There used be a loophole use there not that you could drive alone on a second privisional licence. I've defiantly heard of it. It was closed a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pudy

Days 298 wrote: »
    There used be a loophole use there not that you could drive alone on a second privisional licence. I've defiantly heard of it. It was closed a few years ago.

Thanks because I was stopped by a guard and he told me the same :eek: but its probably been sorted now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Existed until a few years back. Silly rule to be honest.

Advertisement