Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant contact UPC on 1908

• 05-09-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I used have a Netopia router from UPC which allowed me enter a monthly download/upload limit, which would lock it out if it was exceeded. Then they "UPGRADED"?????? me to a Thompson which does not offer that facility. Now it is impossible to effectively monitor or control my usage as there are 4 people in the house.

UPC are THREATENING to upgrade me automatically to some much more expensive package. Hows that for "Customer Service". I doubt they have any legal authority do do so without the customer being asked and expressly agreeing to such a significant change to what is a legally binding contract. Has anyone else been subjected to their version of "Customer Care"?

To compound matters, anytime I ring Tec support on 1908, I am subjected to long delays, and eventually if it is answered, being cut off without any explanation,apology,or effort to call back.

If UPC insist on imposing limits on their paying customers, surley they must provide adequate means of compliance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You can log into your account on upc.ie and check your usage.

UPC have had the upgrade to a more expensive package in their terms and conditions for years so they have every r'ight to do it.

You should ask them to upgrade you to one of their new packages that has an umlimited bandwidth allowance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Having something in your Terms and Conditions doesn't necessarily make it legal however Companies know that most customers haven't got the resourses to take them to court to challenge questionable clauses.

I have long wondered as to how anyone can be expected to agree in advance to the possibility of being upgraded to a product that you have absolutely no knowledge of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

"You should ask them to upgrade you to one of their new packages that has an umlimited bandwidth allowance".......pizzahead77, are you on comission or just a straight kickback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Burn the witch! You and your logical solutions pizzahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Burn the witch! You and your logical solutions pizzahead.

Yeah, a logical solution which puts the customer at risk of being penalised......thats paddylogic.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Surely the only way you can be 'penalised' is if you stay on the current old pack and exceed the 500gb cap?

500gb is a lot, and when you signed up, pretty much any provider I can think of had a fair usage policy, now there's an option to have a pack without that policy but you don't seem to want to take it and would prefer to just complain (paddylogic?)

Pizzahead made two good points re monitoring usage and the new broadband products and your reaction was to insult rather than thank him/her :confused:

Advertisement