Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres in Newry

Options
  • 05-09-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Need to get 4 new tyres in the coming weeks.
    Was thinking of heading up to Newry to get them done if they're anyway cheaper. Anyone have any recommendations up there?
    (or anywhere else that are doing deals)
    cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

kormak wrote: »
    Need to get 4 new tyres in the coming weeks.
    Was thinking of heading up to Newry to get them done if they're anyway cheaper. Anyone have any recommendations up there?
    (or anywhere else that are doing deals)
    cheers!

For a decent quality tyre at a good price I wouldn't look past Shane McManus in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Same here, get my tyres off Shane, don't know him well or anything but like to keep it local.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Tyres are the only thing between you and the road, do your homework and get a decent brand

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

minzabud wrote: »
    Tyres are the only thing between you and the road, do your homework and get a decent brand
    ah well I know that... just trying to get a decent brand at a decent price.
    A mate got 4 Bridgestone 16s in Navan tyres for €330 fitted/balanced.
    Seems alright to me... just wanna shop around first.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

MugMugs wrote: »
    For a decent quality tyre at a good price I wouldn't look past Shane McManus in Dundalk.

Same for me.My particular wheel size is unusual(Ford Cougar) he had them ordered and fitted within a few days. Quite reasonable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Same for me.My particular wheel size is unusual(Ford Cougar) he had them ordered and fitted within a few days. Quite reasonable too.

They must be obscure if he had to order them. He's renowned as far as Dublin for his prices although the trip up can negate savings. He has storage and plenty of it so his bulk buying ability outweighs a lot of the industry big boys. Give him a try anyway OP. Three different posters can't all be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

MugMugs wrote: »
    They must be obscure if he had to order them. He's renowned as far as Dublin for his prices although the trip up can negate savings. He has storage and plenty of it so his bulk buying ability outweighs a lot of the industry big boys. Give him a try anyway OP. Three different posters can't all be wrong!

Make that four.

+1 for Shane McManus.Pleasure to deal with the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Another recommendation for Shane Mc Manus here, they go out of their way to be helpful. Decent prices and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Sometimes Kwik fit have 25% discounts if you buy four tyres, you can check their web site and they have a branch in Newry, however without that discount they are not competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Another one for Shane McManus Tyres. Got tyres on a few different things down there (commercial & car) and they always surprise me with their prices. They will give you good honest advise They might recommend a cheaper brand over a bigger name and I dont mean any of those cheap death trap things or they might advise to go for something else that's only €2 or above what you ask for if they think they are better longterm value. We're in a related industry at home so I'd have a fair idea if they were spouting sh**e or not and always find them decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

modern tyres in newry op i found were good.
    if you are in business and have a vat number you can buy them net of vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

blingrhino wrote: »
    modern tyres in newry op i found were good.
    if you are in business and have a vat number you can buy them net of vat.

Is that Hi-Q Modern Tyres. I was in with them this morning. Two brand new tyres for £55 each.
    Dunno if that's better or worse than where you have been looking.
    If it's part worn ones you're looking just to pass MOT or NCT then there's a place on the old warrenpoint road in newry, near Pairc Esler, where you can get them for 20/25 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

cargo wrote: »
    Another one for Shane McManus Tyres. Got tyres on a few different things down there (commercial & car) and they always surprise me with their prices. They will give you good honest advise They might recommend a cheaper brand over a bigger name and I dont mean any of those cheap death trap things or they might advise to go for something else that's only €2 or above what you ask for if they think they are better longterm value. We're in a related industry at home so I'd have a fair idea if they were spouting sh**e or not and always find them decent.

Right! I'll have to check this Shane McManusTyres place out...
    seems to be the people's choice! :)

Advertisement