Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New firmware released for Eircom F1000!?

• 05-09-2013 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking around Zyxel's site, I see a new firmware for the Zyxel VMG8324-B10A. Isn't that the same hardware as the Eircom F1000?

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/VMG8324-B10A/firmware

It'd be nice if the boot-loop issue was fixed in it. Or maybe that issue isn't present in the vanilla firmware?

Of course, I wouldn't recommend anybody try it until somebody more knowledgeable can confirm it's suitable for the F1000.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

animaal wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking around Zyxel's site, I see a new firmware for the Zyxel VMG8324-B10A. Isn't that the same hardware as the Eircom F1000?

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/VMG8324-B10A/firmware

It'd be nice if the boot-loop issue was fixed in it. Or maybe that issue isn't present in the vanilla firmware?

Of course, I wouldn't recommend anybody try it until somebody more knowledgeable can confirm it's suitable for the F1000.

dont use that firmware update... the zyxel firmware is NOT compatible with eircom's f1000. you end up bricking the modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I was speaking to Eircom today, about fifteen minutes ago, and the support "engineer" told me that there is NO firmware available for this device..

Currently having an F1000 resetting to factory defaults when I try to specify a PPPoE account on the broadband connection... The level of service and incompetence is beyond beyond belief..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ronan675

As far as I know AAHA3 is the latest firmware available from Eircom. I have heard rumors that AAHA4 may be on the way but I haven't heard any further details.

I have uploaded a copy of AAHA3 to my skydrive if anyone is looking for it. Even with this Firmware (AAHA3) we are still experiencing stability problems particularly when the modem is in bridge mode. For some reason it just dies sometimes and the modem needs to be rebooted before it starts passing traffic again.

Download @ Skydrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

boot loop is due to bridging right?
    Eircom Efibre - Using your own modem router

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭chriss745

platinums wrote: »
    boot loop is due to bridging right?
    Eircom Efibre - Using your own modem router

I would expect a normal modem with support from Eircom if I pay 18 months x 50 EUR = 900 EUR for their service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

chriss745 wrote: »
    I would expect a normal modem with support from Eircom if I pay 18 months x 50 EUR = 900 EUR for their service.

Their official line is sufficient to to cover them or so they reckon. They give you a modem that gets you online and will support you in getting that set up. Anything else is *not supported*.

Aka.... Here's your new Audi R8 sir... Just don't go over 50 miles p/h and were grand. Oh and your not allowed to drive to "the pirate bay" either...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭chriss745

Thanks to TheBoffin here is a workaround for the boot loop issue on F1000:

- Perform a 30/30/30 factory reset on the F1000 modem (http://compnetworking.about.com/b/20...r-routers.htm)
    - Login to http://192.168.1.254/ with the default password from the back of the modem
    - Set up the admin password (optional)
    - Set up the wireless password (optional)
    - Go to Network settings -> Broadband -> VDSL -> Modify -> change the MTU to 1484 -> Apply
    - Go to Network settings -> Broadband -> VDSL -> Modify -> change the Mode to Bridge (leave VLAN on 10) -> Apply
    - Reboot your modem (it may reboot itself one more time, but after it stays stable)

Tested on my side, it works, thanks TheBoffin!

Advertisement