Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very annoyed with O2 customer service.

Options
  • 05-09-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

I've just come off the phone very dissatisfied with O2. I'm in an 18 month contract that entitles me to free weekend and evening calls to any network. I signed up for this in Feb. I noticed now that for the last 3 months they were charging me an extra 10euro for any network text add ons (even though I was already receiving 150 free texts per my basic package).

They advised me that when I signed up for the contract, I opted for an additional free extra for 3 months for the text add on and that I'd be charged thereafter. I disputed this saying I'm an infrequent texter and that the 150 basic texts per month would more than cover my requirements and that I'd never have agreed to an unnecessary extra that would involve extra charges down the line and that they never explained this to me at the time.

They removed the add on effective now but would not reimburse me for the excess charges over the last few months apologising if it was not made clear to me at the time. I've been with O2 for 15 years (even when they were called Esat Digifone) and I told them I'm extremely disappointed with this service considering the 1000s I've paid them over the years. I demanded to speak to a manager but after a wait they told me they relayed my issue to the the manager and that the manager insisted they would maintain the same stance.

Is there any point in trying to take this further? I'm more annoyed at this from a principle point of view than the amount involived at this point. Customer loyalty is scoffed at. I'll remember this at contract expiry time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Read your contact.

Loyalty accounts for nothing these days. If your contact is as they say, then don't expect a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did you sign up in store?

Read your contract, if you cant find it in the contract get onto the store that you signed up in and raise it with them. If the mistake was made in store I would expect the manager to raise the issue with the stores account manager and get it written off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I know personally within 2 mins of talking to someone on the phone do they know their **** and will they do what I ask. If they dont I politely hang up and call again until I get someone decent. OP call o2 again and hopefully you get someone will do a deal. Phone companies will make allowances for mistakes like this

Advertisement