Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy outside Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭homer1916

The Spider wrote: »
    20 mins usually.

How about on the way home in the evening? I finish at 5:30 so it's bad, especially in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

homer1916 wrote: »
    How about on the way home in the evening? I finish at 5:30 so it's bad, especially in the winter

Well I leave at 5, and am isually at exit 23 by 6.10-6.20. Today however was a nightmare, donnybrook and N11 were jammed until foxfrock, I was still down by 6.35 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

I finish at 5:30 in sandyford and sometimes go from work to Gorey. I've stopped off in Wicklow town the odd time to meet a friend for a pint on the way. and I'm usually sitting in the pub In the town by 6:05. I'd say its 25 mins to the motorway exit though.
    I'm driving from gorey to sandy ford this morning. leaving at 8. I'll time it for.you.
    There's rarely any traffic problems between sandyford and Gorey except a minute or two delay at kilmac.
    Stay in B and B wherever you think you are buying for a couple of days and commute to work from there. You'll see exactly what its like.

I finish at 5:30 in sandyford and sometimes go from work to Gorey. I've stopped off in Wicklow town the odd time to meet a friend for a pint on the way. and I'm usually sitting in the pub In the town by 6:05. I'd say its 25 mins to the motorway exit though.
    I'm driving from gorey to sandy ford this morning. leaving at 8. I'll time it for.you.
    There's rarely any traffic problems between sandyford and Gorey except a minute or two delay at kilmac.
    Stay in B and B wherever you think you are buying for a couple of days and commute to work from there. You'll see exactly what its like.

Thats great. Sure once the motorway is completed you will be laughing.

How did you get on this morning? It takes me 45 mins to get from Castleknock to Sandyford as it is, so i don't see the commute been a problem for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I see Navan was overlooked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

lukesmom wrote: »
    If your budget is around the 100k mark heres a great semi in a much sought after area

www.daft.ie/1722974

Tbh, Navan isnt the nicest of towns to live in. I know several people that moved into county Meath and the general consensus is that Trim is a town to go to live in and Navan is a town to do a bigger shop in.

Allied to that and you can commute just as quickly to Dublin with the option of taking the motorway via the toll or join slightly later this avoiding the toll....a pretty significant cost on an annual basis.

That said, soewhere like Newbridge where the OP can get a train in might be a better option overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

Thats great. Sure once the motorway is completed you will be laughing.

How did you get on this morning? It takes me 45 mins to get from Castleknock to Sandyford as it is, so i don't see the commute been a problem for me

It was exactly 19 minutes from the motorway exit at wicklow to the exit at sandyford.

I didnt drive as far as castleknock, but my normal commute is Swords to Sandyford and that take me 30 mins in and 35 mins home.
    Leaving at 8:30 and 5:30.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 moe_green

dixiefly wrote: »
    Tbh, Navan isnt the nicest of towns to live in. I know several people that moved into county Meath and the general consensus is that Trim is a town to go to live in and Navan is a town to do a bigger shop in.

Allied to that and you can commute just as quickly to Dublin with the option of taking the motorway via the toll or join slightly later this avoiding the toll....a pretty significant cost on an annual basis.

That said, soewhere like Newbridge where the OP can get a train in might be a better option overall.

agree with this , trim is the nicest ( only nice ) town in meath , that said , id prefer live in Wicklow or Kildare than meath if I was commuting to Dublin , your closer to better parts of the country , their isn't anything much of interest north of meath , id prefer Drogheda to navan aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

moe_green wrote: »
    agree with this , trim is the nicest ( only nice ) town in meath , that said , id prefer live in Wicklow or Kildare than meath if I was commuting to Dublin , your closer to better parts of the country , their isn't anything much of interest north of meath , id prefer Drogheda to navan aswell

What exactly is wrong with Navan, do you live there? I do. All my life and its s great town with plenty of amenities, great motorway to Dublin, excellent schools etc

It was exactly 19 minutes from the motorway exit at wicklow to the exit at sandyford.

I didnt drive as far as castleknock, but my normal commute is Swords to Sandyford and that take me 30 mins in and 35 mins home.
    Leaving at 8:30 and 5:30.

Thanks for the info, it has been really helpful

• Advertisement
Advertisement