Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meadiumship ??

Options
  • 05-09-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So I have been doing sittings for two years now and have been told my readings are good and I should charge But I don't know how to go about asking and also I feel like I am cheapening my gift (your views):confused: I usually work for about an hour and a half with a sitter I'll do the reading first then the cards but even if I was to charge how much would even be right :confused:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Do you feel the need to charge or are you happy as things are? What does your gut say.

People charge to feel valued, and to get paid for their time. But do you need this? Because you sound doubtful.

Bear in mind that when you charge, the dynamic changes. You are now selling something. Your gift is no longer freely given, but a commodity. You have to provide an adequate service, and fulfil the needs and expectations of your sitter. I know you say you do this already, but your clients' expectations may well change when you put a price on things.

Your reason for reading will also change. Youll tend to do it for the money rather than as part of your own personal journey.

Im not saying dont do it, but bear in mind that more things will change than your income.

Edit: most people do expect to pay, by the way. Ive had many arguments over NOT taking money. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

I have studied spiritualism (mediums code of practice etc.) and have been told by mediumship tutors in Arthur Findlay College that if you wish to charge you:

If you are practising.. start off free..
    Then charge half price.. then when you are confident charge full price

You are offering your gift free.. but you are to be paid for your time.. we all have bills to pay..

If your time equates to 1 1/2 hours.. I would say 50 euro seems reasonable.

If you are not sure.. start half price and work your way up.. (when you are well established you can re-negioiate..)

Least ive paid is 20euro and most ive ever paid is 60eur..

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Evennia

What type of readings do you do? Do you use cards - if so what type? Prices seem to vary from a client's discretion of a donation to a set fee.. what are your views on both?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pudy

thanks thats a bit to think about, as far as i can see im working at a good level i just find it hard to ask i dono why :( i was worried people would think i was only doing it for the money but if any one has done readings, the energy and stress you put on yourself is worth no amount of money and the good feeling you get is your main reward but i find most people don't appreciate what i have just done :) I connect with spirit but I always use cards at the end to leave the sitter with a nice message and to confirm a message given :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Hi there,

I'm about to start out as a semi-professional card reader(meaning that I don't do it fulltime) and my main guideline is: I want my readings to be available to everybody, therefore I do not ask the more regular amounts of €40/50 per reading but a maximum of €20 dependingon how many questions my client has and how many cards used for the reading( I give an option of either a 3,6,9, or 12 cards) unless I feel the need to use a different amount of feel guided to tailor the reading in a different way of which I will always inform my clients.

Best of luck and believe in yourself and you abilities to give an inspiring reading :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Lapis lazuli

Is it safe, how do you know what spirits you are dealing with, and how do you know fer certain they sincere ?

This lady is a former medium and new age spritualist :

Sharon Lee Giganti, this is only a short clip of the things she has to warn us of.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Hmm, so it's not possible to talk to a deceased loved one, but it is possible to talk to demons that have been stalking you all your life? This just sounds like a lady that converted to Christianity and is now on a mission to save everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Lapis lazuli

The 'advice' she recieved from 'good spirits' contirbuted to the suicide of her friend, and life in prision for her brother.

She can't save anyone, just inform of them of the dangers, and after that it's up to them.

Advertisement