Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef Brisket?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

looking to buy a big lump of brisket,want to make some pulled beef.but i understand its not a common cut in ireland.anyone come across it in galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Hi Jack.

Fairly sure that it will have to be ordered in for you - I don't think it is something that is carried regularly, occasionally on special offers. I might stand corrected though?

For ordering it, I would recommend Tormey's in the Shopping Centre but Feerick's in Newcastle would be the place I would go to order.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TripTrip

I picked some up in Brady’s Butchers Athenry Saturday week ago. Very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

TripTrip wrote: »
    I picked some up in Brady’s Butchers Athenry Saturday week ago. Very tasty!

ive heard 4 hours slow cooking for carved and 5 hours for pulled?might give them a ring for prices

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I get most of my meat from Castlemine Farm and the Friendly Farmer. They are at the Moycullen Market on Friday and the Galway Market at the weekend. Castlemine has a website too. They're friendly lads and provide excellent meat, all free range too!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Fairly certain that Divilly's would be able to sort you out.

http://www.martindivillybutchers.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

the meat market in terryland sold it, heard they relocated though .. got it a couple times, wasnt my cuppa tae tbh

Advertisement