Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replying to thread formatting problem

Options
  • 05-09-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭

For some weeks now, I have been having an intermittent problem when quote replying to threads.

The quoted text is full of <> bracketed \br characters and such. I type my reply below that, properly formatting with carriage returns for paragraphs, but when I preview the post, all my text is run together with no paragraph spacing.

I have been posting on Boards for years without experiencing this issue and am pretty sure the <> brackets weren't previously there.

Is it something I have inadvertently done?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Have you tried using a different (up to date) browser?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've seen this same issue somewhere else recently (not on boards.ie, pretty sure it was another forum site).

As a simple start, empty the browser cache first, and make sure Javascript is enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Thanks, I'll try that.

Advertisement