Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom making it very hard to be their customer...

Options
  • 05-09-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I'm moving house and so I'm trying to set up a broadband package for myself there. I've been told by an Eircom rep in the cancellation department that there is an active line in that home already with Eircom and I was instructed to fax my tenancy agreement to him. He told me he'd reply the next day but didn't and that was a week ago. I contacted a second rep who asked me to email that agreement to her and again she has failed to reply at all, not even with a notification of receipt. I called again just several minutes ago to the cancellation department and was told that those two previous reps were wrong, that there is no active line at that address. I've now been instructed to travel down to the country to this house, plug in a phone and test the line before they can tell me what the next steps are.

Since I work from home I can't leave my present accommodation until a net service is up and running in this new house. I've been delayed from moving for one week, I've run from place to place faxing and scanning documents, printing and calling numbers while no-one has called or emailed me back at all. I'm also very, very hesitant now about travelling many hours each way on advice from an Eircom rep when I've been given the run-around already. 

Is travelling to this new house and spending much money and time to test a phone the only way to resolve this issue? 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I'm moving house and so I'm trying to set up a broadband package for myself there. I've been told by an Eircom rep in the cancellation department that there is an active line in that home already with Eircom and I was instructed to fax my tenancy agreement to him. He told me he'd reply the next day but didn't and that was a week ago. I contacted a second rep who asked me to email that agreement to her and again she has failed to reply at all, not even with a notification of receipt. I called again just several minutes ago to the cancellation department and was told that those two previous reps were wrong, that there is no active line at that address. I've now been instructed to travel down to the country to this house, plug in a phone and test the line before they can tell me what the next steps are.

Since I work from home I can't leave my present accommodation until a net service is up and running in this new house. I've been delayed from moving for one week, I've run from place to place faxing and scanning documents, printing and calling numbers while no-one has called or emailed me back at all. I'm also very, very hesitant now about travelling many hours each way on advice from an Eircom rep when I've been given the run-around already. 

Is travelling to this new house and spending much money and time to test a phone the only way to resolve this issue? 

Thanks

Hi ireland.man,

I'm sorry to hear the issues you are having.
    Would you like to PM the full address and previous telephone number if you have it and I'll check this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement