Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Optimum nutrition vs Kinetica Sport

• 05-09-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Quick question optimum nutrition or Kinetica sport whey protein

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

I like optimum nutrition mixes very well and tastes good, can't say the same for kinetica unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mr96

johnfaul wrote: »
    I like optimum nutrition mixes very well and tastes good, can't say the same for kinetica unfortunately

Whats your favorite flavor have always got chocolate but feel like trying something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭theGEM

I have kinetica strawberry flaver. It's disgusting..avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If I'm trying a new brand, I go with vanilla. Least likely to be too disgusting. Got mint choc once...the thought of it still sends a shiver down my spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

mr96 wrote: »
    Whats your favorite flavor have always got chocolate but feel like trying something else

Extreme milk choc the mint is supposed to be nice but I'm afraid to get some in ase I don't like it, it's very nice even mixed with water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Out of the two you mentioned I'd go with Optimum Nutrition, the strawberry one isnt too bad!
    I'm on Reflex choc-mint at the moment! It's georgous, I'd definetly recommend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Kinetica choc mint is delicious. But i wouldn't go with ON or kinetica for price/protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mr96

Kinetica choc mint is delicious. But i wouldn't go with ON or kinetica for price/protein.

What would you go for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Kinetica Vanilla tastes better (if taste is an issue) than ON vanilla, is cheaper and mixes fine.

As said cheaper options are available online. I don't mind paying a bit extra for Kinetica, I can buy it in a shop and I don't use huge amounts of whey as I try to get most of my protein from food instead of supplements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

ON are a rip off.A 5lb tub costs retailers over 40 euro..Kinetica is priced much more realistically for pretty much the same stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

mr96 wrote: »
    What would you go for

bulkpowders, the protein works or myprotein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

drdeadlift wrote: »
    ON are a rip off.A 5lb tub costs retailers over 40 euro..Kinetica is priced much more realistically for pretty much the same stuff.

I remember a guy who owns a supplement shop saying the price he buys ON at now, is the price he use to sell it at just a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I remember a guy who owns a supplement shop saying the price he buys ON at now, is the price he use to sell it at just a few years ago

Yeah its gone nuts.A chap called John Masson took over the brand in Ireland.In the past you could buy a5lb tub for 26euro from eu/uk wholesale. Every year since that chap took over there have been price hikes, the margins basically make ON almost pointless to stock in brick&mortar shops.
    Since ON have there people in Ireland uk exporters will not ship ON to Ireland, this protects there little monopoly, I always thought this was very anti EU.
    When vat comes in a 5lb tub of gold standard will cost 60-70euro..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Banana flavoured Optimum tastes great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Fan of USN myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Going to buy one of those brands tomorrow. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I have used many different brands and I have to say Kinetica wins hands down for me.
    The Chocolate tastes superb,better than any others I have tried.It makes delicious tasting protein bars.
    It mixes great not like other brands which are very lumpy.
    Great nutritional profile.
    Out of all the powders I tried this came out the best.

Advertisement