Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help With Custom CSS

Options
  • 05-09-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am testing a new theme on my blog WorkReadPlay.com.

I wanted to change the font of my headings from the preinstalled 'NovecentowideLightBold to Georgia.

I can change the font okay using custom CSS. However, when I try to use the search function of my theme, it takes me to my Google+ page!

When I delete and reinstall the theme, the issue resolves and search works fine. That's until, I modify the CSS again.

Is this something to do with the font installed on my server or with my theme?

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Here's a link to the CSS that comes with my theme: http://pastebin.com/JLNv1Xy5

Below is the CSS I am pasting into WordPress.

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    	margin: 0 0 25px;
    	font-family: 'Georgia', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;
    	font-weight: normal;
    }

.entry-title {
    	font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;
    	font-size: 42px;
    	letter-spacing: -3px;
    	line-height: 52px;
    	text-align: center;
    	padding: 0 0 35px;
    	margin: 0;
    }

.format-quote {
    	background: #282D30;
    	font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;
    	font-size: 42px;
    	font-weight: normal;
    	letter-spacing: -2px;
    	line-height: 54px;
    	text-align: center;
    	color: #fff;
    }

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

When you click on the search icon, the search box appears. For some reason there's a hyperlink wrapped around the search box to your Google+ account.

Any idea which of the included JS files is for the search box?

It's worth going back to the theme author too. If it's a themeforest theme, you may see someone has already encountered similar problems in the support questions. If not you can leave a support request.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Take this out of your html head:

[HTML]<a href="https://plus.google.com/103590232335692777341&quot; rel="publisher">[/HTML]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Great, thanks

Advertisement