Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep. of Ireland v Sweden - WCQ - K/O 7.45Pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Staunton?

Red Kev wrote: »
    football-fans.jpg

Swedish-Football-Fans.jpg

etc etc.

Touche

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree with Liamo.

The central midfield really let us down. I've been a fan of McCarthy for many years but he's far from the finished article. Don't want to keep bashing Whelan but he ain't up to it.

If a new guy comes in and gets Gibson back in, he'll not make much difference as Gibson hardly ever played a good game for Ireland.

In the important areas the resources aren't there. We're still reliant on Robbie Keane in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

gandalf wrote: »
    Thing is Sweden aren't that good, if we played to our strengths and not using the pathetic fossilized tactics of the Italian we could have won. Against Germany we will be facing another cricket score with this manager in charge!

I absolutely agree that they aren't a great team but they were good enough to highlight the massive flaws of this Irish side playing the way that they do. Against the real top quality of Ibrahimovic you will be found out every time and thats exactly what happened. I never expected Trap to change his ways for the game tonight, I don't understand why so many did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Trap is from the continent where they can play formations that are either genius or idiot. It seems to work out as route one here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Euros have top 2 from each group plus play off winner, time to pull the plug and get ready for it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I agree with Liamo.

The central midfield really let us down. I've been a fan of McCarthy for many years but he's far from the finished article. Don't want to keep bashing Whelan but he ain't up to it.

If a new guy comes in and gets Gibson back in, he'll not make much difference as Gibson hardly ever played a good game for Ireland.

In the important areas the resources aren't there. We're still reliant on Robbie Keane in 2013.

Even now you won't admit Trap has been a terrible manager and keeping him after the Euros was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

roanoke wrote: »
    Agreed. Plus it'll probably look like this by next June.

amazing-beard.jpg

Sweden's gain is the worlds loss.

daniel_bryan_graduation_hair.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Brady talking sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ah bill you masterfull troll never change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Brady's loyalty to Trap is admirable if not not tired at this stage.

Brady talking sense.
    But Dunphy was right when he went through Trap and his great record but his failure here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

All the panel's missing is Joe Brolly! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Brady needs to wise up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Martin O'Neill please.

Dear God no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Absolutely fucking dire. Fuck off back to italy trap ya senile old bastard

Classless. Hope I'm in Trapp's nick at his age. Unfortunately I have no shot at matching his achievements in life though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nonsense from Brady saying Trap introduced the players that were being talked about. He did, but about a year after they should have been. McCarthy will be a very good player, but as a poster said he's not the finished article.

Too many nonsense decisions from Trap over his time there, eveything he does seems to have been done too late or not at all.

What a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think Brady is LOST now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Enough on that post. It's been dealt with now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Austria can be beaten, imo. No worries there, they are not able to deal with pressure, their defense is pretty muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

kfallon wrote: »
    It'll be Hughton or Brady next I reckon

You're off your head. Nobody would leave any Premier League club to manage Ireland.

Brady has already said he'd never take the job.

It'll be the return of Mick McCarthy.

Seaneh wrote:
    Even now you won't admit Trap has been a terrible manager and keeping him after the Euros was a joke.

No I won't admit he is a terrible manager when going into the Euros we were on a great run, and since he got us back to an international competition.

I will also say that some of the vitriol in here, particularly for a guy that ended a ten year tournament drought, is pretty disgraceful.

If he has reached the end of his tenure, so be it; but he does't deserve this kind of abuse.

What's his crime? Doing his best as he sees fit?

Best fans in the world my hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

The lads on the panel really do love reeling in the years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Austria can be beaten, imo. No worries there, they are not able to deal with pressure, their defense is pretty muck

Meh, I'm fairly sure we're going to lose that game too, precisely because we're now forced to go out and try win it.

You may not agree with him but Dunphy is right ... No excuse for that shambles out there. Same system and same long ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The vitriol of the haters is quite amazing. It must be irritating to see a leviathan of his profession do things his own way for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

please hire SAF by monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Lads, bottom line is we don't have the quality of players at the minute. It happens........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Laois_Man wrote: »
    You're off your head. Nobody would leave any Premier League club to manage Ireland.

Brady has already said he'd never take the job.

It'll be the return of Mick McCarthy.

Mick McCarthy gave me the best Irish football memories of my life.......SWOON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Liam is absolutely awful at listening to questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Brady seems to think everything is down to the players, why do we even need a manager? His blind defense of Trap is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i agree we could play better
    but Dunphy is seriously overating the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

God I really missed the lads. Bill is such a subtle troll, fantastic to watch really.

Dunne is purely hoping at this stage. Come on and give us the top 5 managers we might be able to get. We have to plan for the Euros now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Poor manager, poor team, inevitable results. No one wants to see this standard of football on the world stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

God I really missed the lads. Bill is such a subtle troll, fantastic to watch really.

Its so genuine as well. Only in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Brady is very hard to listen to, dunne motm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No I won't admit he is a terrible manager when going into the Euros we were on a great run, and since he got us back to an international competition.

I will also say that some of the vitriol in here, particularly for a guy that ended a ten year tournament drought, is pretty disgraceful.

If he has reached the end of his tenure, so be it; but he does't deserve this kind of abuse.

What's his crime? Doing his best as he sees fit?

Best fans in the world my hole.

He doesnt deserve personal abuse. But his best is prehistoric and everything in the way he prepared the team over the years was careering towards what happened tonight. It's a pity for a guy of all his experience, that people bang on about, that he couldn't see it and act on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

MD1990 wrote: »
    i agree we could play better
    but Dunphy is seriously overating the squad

Absolutely. A new manager will have a huge job on their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

roanoke wrote: »
    Meh, I'm fairly sure we're going to lose that game too, precisely because we're now forced to go out and try win it.

Same applies to Austria...and football is much more popular there than it is in Ireland, from what I know. (in terms of watching the own league, rather than following a foreign league)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

wouldnt have blamed Richard Dunne for smashing the waterford crystal off the deck.

What on earth are they thinking making a song and dance giving him Man of the Match then 1st question "is qualification over now?".

Cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

We're just long ball merchants.

We're headless chickens, lacking a commanding midfielder. Someone to take control and calm the players. What's Roy Keane up to these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

are the apres match lads still around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Brady is too bias and Trap can do no wrong, whereas Dunphy is too bias towards him. Johnny Giles is the only pundit who's worth listening to on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Hopefully for the love of god we start a team that can likely win and try to hold the ball.

Get Whelan off and replace him with hoolahan in CM.
    Brady for Walters on the right wing which will hopefully spread the play better

And for the love of god send Cox home to Nottingham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I definitely agree with Brady about using the players who got you to the euros, why would you change it once you're there.

We just have to tell Merkel if she wants that money back she better make sure they send out the f*cking reserves next month.

Brady talking b*llocks. Houlihan, Pilkington, McCarthy, Mcclean, are all better players then the likes of Whelan, McGeady and Green and yet Trap put them down the pecking order below them. Time up for Trapasaurus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

wouldnt have blamed Richard Dunne for smashing the waterford crystal off the deck.

What on earth are they thinking making a song and dance giving him Man of the Match then 1st question "is qualification over now?".

Cringe.

Wait till they interview trap for cringe

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement