Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to record in Dublin if money is not an issue

Options
  • 05-09-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'am going recording one song with vocals drums bass and an acoustic guitar, i want it to be as good as it possible can be and im hoping someone knows a good place to record i was thinking Windmill Lane or Temple lane studios, does anyone know do these studios mix and Master is well or do you need to go somewhere else for that. I really don't want to spend a load of cash and find out the engineer doesn't care and just wants to be somewhere else, any advice will be really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Temple Lane is seriously hit and miss.....mostly miss so if you want quality I would go elsewhere. Good for cheap demo's but thats about it. I would say contact places like Windmill Lane or Grouse Lodge and ask to hear samples from their engineers and decide yourself which suits best as they all have different styles etc that they are more familiar with and better at than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rwardie

Thanks for that Fandango

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

In Dublin Look at Windmill Lane or Westland Studios, it's important to hire a good engineer too though.
    The best equipment in the world won't help you if you don't have the engineer to go along with it.

If money isn't an issue, get a producer on board, they can look after some of the finer details for you and help you get the most out of the tune and experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

meet with your proposed engineer first, all of the above studios are going to get you there, but i would suggest the dynamic between you and your engineer/producer will be the most important thing.

I would look up Tris Dalton at westland, i know him and i know he lives and breathes music. Has done all styles and is easy to work with.

Having said that meet first and go with your gut feeling.

Best of luck btw hope it turns out great!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 naturesprings

Hellfire Studio up the Dublin mountains. Best drum room in the country IMO. Engineer (Joe) is top drawer and he's had various producers he's worked with who may also help you in that respect.

http://www.hellfire-studio.ie/

Good Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 rwardie

Thanks for all the info guys

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Hi, rwardie...How would you describe your musical style..offhand, I would imagine, an easy enough recording set up...not impossible to do on the cheap either....vocals, drums, bass and an acoustic guitar....keep your options open...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Robin Ball

With me, in Bow Lane. :-) PM me if you'd like samples!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

If you want to, try Loop Studios, located behind The Bachelors Inn, just before you approach O'Connell Street.

Its good location wise, I use it a lot, the staff are friendly, but the equipment is acceptable at best.

Advertisement