Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to check connection speed before I move?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently moving location by quite a distance and require a pretty good broadband connection for work at home. 

The area I need to move to is a little bit more rural than where I am now, the places I am looking do have an eircom broadband connection and they are within the efibre map for launch in 2014.

However I do need to make sure I can get at least 6 - 7 meg for work purposes and having seen some rural locations with eircom broadband only getting 1 meg it is a worry.

So I'm wondering is there a way to check to make sure the connection speed will be sufficient before putting a deposit on a new rental?

Thanks in advance,
    AP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,

I am currently moving location by quite a distance and require a pretty good broadband connection for work at home. 

The area I need to move to is a little bit more rural than where I am now, the places I am looking do have an eircom broadband connection and they are within the efibre map for launch in 2014.

However I do need to make sure I can get at least 6 - 7 meg for work purposes and having seen some rural locations with eircom broadband only getting 1 meg it is a worry.

So I'm wondering is there a way to check to make sure the connection speed will be sufficient before putting a deposit on a new rental?

Thanks in advance,
    AP
    Hi Atomic Pineapple,

If you PM me your details I'll have a look into this for you however I can't guarantee your speeds I can only check your neighbours but this does not guarantee your speed.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement