Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does your 2.5yr old / 3.5yr old sleep for a night?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

We have a very early start in our house for commuting to work. The kids (2.5yr old & 3.5yr ish) are woken at 6.30am to head to the childminder.

They are easy enough to get to bed but I often wonder if they are getting enough sleep.

Average bed time is 7.30pm and neither nap during the day.

During the weekend, bed time stays more or less the same, maybe 8pm, but they dont naturally wakeup until 7.30am / 8am or even later (which is great to be fair).

Are they getting enough sleep midweek?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

10-12 hours is usually the norm for toddlers/pre school children. As long as the seem to be happy and healthy with the amount of sleep they are getting I wouldn't worry. If they were cranky/tired or looked tired all day then I'd be concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I think if they needed more sleep they would be letting you know by showing signs of tiredness, being cranky, falling asleep earlier in the evening etc.
    My 2 year old gets around 9 hours of sleep. He doesn't typically nap... He just seems to need less sleep and does just fine on it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My 2.5 y/o sleeps about 12 hours most nights (I'm touching every piece of wood I can find here) :p

I feel very lucky that he's such a good sleeper!!

Advertisement