Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I skip ty?

• 05-09-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm finding ty a bit boring However we went on our first trip today and it was brilliant so I'm really torn as to what I should do Any advice

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 20 PatMustard5

I did it and regretted it, it really depends how mature you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I'm finding ty a bit boring However we went on our first trip today and it was brilliant so I'm really torn as to what I should do Any advice

Wish I never done it.
    Waste of time.
    Never got out of transition year mode for 4th and 5th year either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Same thing with me started back 5th year this september. I hate TY with a passion, but i didnt have a choice its compulsory in my school even if they made a balls of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Dpends on the school and the student. I just started TY and so far i'm having great fun. It also gives me a whole year to improve in other areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Dpends on the school and the student. I just started TY and so far i'm having great fun. It also gives me a whole year to improve in other areas.

Give it till after christmas gets boring, i was just left with free classes all the time. My attendance suffered big time as i just didnt see a point in going in to sit in a class room for 6 hours.

Of course it can change depending on how your school runs it. Mine just made an arse of it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

You'll get out of it what you put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Is it even possible to skip it if the year's started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

I found TY a mental drain. I went insane with boredom. I wish I had skipped it. I did absolutely nothing in it. Found it hard to study when I went into 4th year. Some people never recover from the TY mindset. If it was me personally I would have skip it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭Ticking and Bashing

You're only a few days in so if you're thinking of getting out do it soon! You could move up to 4th year as u won't have missed much by now. I did TY and thought it was a waste of time. You might find later that the extra year could've been spent better in college by maybe doing a masters. If you're finding it boring so far its only gonna get worse with pointless projects and courses that won't really contribute torwards your Leaving Cert and that's what you're aiming for now.

Good luck with whatever u decide to do :)

Advertisement