Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Hospital - maternity / neonatal unit

Options
  • 05-09-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi
    I was wondering if there's any pregnant ladies currently attending Kilkenny Hospital or that have recently have had their babies there ...
    If yes, what is your opinion / experience like in this hospital?
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

guesswhat wrote: »
    Hi
    I was wondering if there's any pregnant ladies currently attending Kilkenny Hospital or that have recently have had their babies there ...
    If yes, what is your opinion / experience like in this hospital?
    Thanks a million

While I'm not a pregnant lady, my wife had a beautiful baby girl in St. Lukes on Monday. Have to say I was blown away by the level of care offered by the midwives. We are first time parents and they gave us advise and assistance round the clock for the 3 nights. Couldn't speak highly enough of the staff, also worth pointing out how clean the place was. Granted my wife had a private room, but all in all I would have no concerns going back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Congrats to both of you.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Granted my wife had a private room, but all in all I would have no concerns going back.

Is the public ward nearby where your wife stayed? Did you see what that was like? I have never been inside the hospital myself ...

Congratulations Benny Cake and wife :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

My GF had our baby in July she was public, the place is clean the nurses and midwives were lovely i dont think they could of been nicer and they were very good at what they do. We had heard stories about Lukes being dirty and not a good place to be but its all crap. Dont get me wrong there is some parts of it that could do with a fresh coat of paint and the A n E part is tiny but the new building will change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Benny Cake wrote: »
    While I'm not a pregnant lady, my wife had a beautiful baby girl in St. Lukes on Monday. Have to say I was blown away by the level of care offered by the midwives. We are first time parents and they gave us advise and assistance round the clock for the 3 nights. Couldn't speak highly enough of the staff, also worth pointing out how clean the place was. Granted my wife had a private room, but all in all I would have no concerns going back.

Congrats to you both. Similar to that, we are first time parents too-my wife had baby boy in July and hand on heart, I have to say the midwives were absolutely fantastic, they couldn't do enough for you. Really helpful, patient and diligent, was in for three nights also in private room but would have no concerns re public. Consultant was needed and my God does he do some work- life was literally in his hands and am eternally grateful for his help. We had a very positive experience of St Luke's and would give it an excellent recommendation.
    Ps Congrats to OP, best of luck but nothing to worry about. We both enjoyed the antenatal classes also, found them very informative and beneficial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

guesswhat wrote: »
    Is the public ward nearby where your wife stayed? Did you see what that was like? I have never been inside the hospital myself ...

Congratulations Benny Cake and wife :-)

Only difference between public and private is the number of people per room. There is between 4 & 6 beds in the public wards.
    I'd advise you to drop up there some afternoon before your due date. The midwives will have no problem showing you around for 5 minutes. That's what my missus did and it put her mind at ease in a big way (just ring ahead before you call up). Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy...

Advertisement