Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Broadband gone?

• 05-09-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any contacts in Wicklow Broadband? Their network seems to be down and as usual nobody is answering the phone. It switches to what is obviously a VOIP number and even their answering service is suffering from poor connectivity (imagine hosting your support line on the network your supporting, kind of defeats the purpose!)

Anyway, a few of my clients are on their network and they're all suffering

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

azzeretti wrote: »
    Does anyone have any contacts in Wicklow Broadband? Their network seems to be down and as usual nobody is answering the phone. It switches to what is obviously a VOIP number and even their answering service is suffering from poor connectivity (imagine hosting your support line on the network your supporting, kind of defeats the purpose!)

Anyway, a few of my clients are on their network and they're all suffering

It was working fine for me yesterday evening and again this morning - at work now so can't check. You still having a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    It was working fine for me yesterday evening and again this morning - at work now so can't check. You still having a problem?

No, it came back about 4-5 hours later. Not a word about it on their website nor did anyone answer their phone. A real pity, as the service is reasonably good and doesn't go too often. I just wish that when it did go down they would at the very least put a message on their phone service or website about it. I never have any idea if they know about the problem or not - very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

azzeretti wrote: »
    No, it came back about 4-5 hours later. Not a word about it on their website nor did anyone answer their phone. A real pity, as the service is reasonably good and doesn't go too often. I just wish that when it did go down they would at the very least put a message on their phone service or website about it. I never have any idea if they know about the problem or not - very frustrating.

Agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WoodenChicken

I've been with Wicklow BB for about 4 years now and I can say that their customer service is non-existent. They do have good bandwidth (mostly) but sadly they lack badly in all other areas. A chap named Nikki is the glorious leader. He has no idea about customer service and will stop/start your broadband as and when he wishes without notifying you. He will carry out maintenance first thing on a Monday morning just as you start getting busy with your own clients and won't even think to give any advanced notification. You'll never get a VAT invoice from him if you need it. The only reason I stay with this guy is that my only other choice is eircom in this area. I did a speed test tonight and got 0.5MB up and down. I'm paying for 2up and 5 down. I can't get through to his 'support' email and he has his mobile on voice mail. He seems like a nice chap when you first meet him, but he doesn't really give a damn about you, only wants your money. My advice is, try anyone else before Wicklow BB.

Advertisement