Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Songs you never want to hear again..

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's not the worst song I've ever heard, but Uptown Funk really is overplayed at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭wallywhittle

Anything by the Wolftones or similar groups, especially that ****ing Celtic symphony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Somebody I used to know, I can't remember who sings it but Christ it's drivel

Anything by Bruno Mars he gets on my wick

Anything by Nathan Carter. I work with a fella who goes on and on and on and on about friggin Wagon Wheel.
    He thinks the whole world loves Nathan Carter and doesn't understand when I say it's not my cup of tea.

There's too much awful Irish country music out there to list one or even 100 individual songs. NC is actually probably one of the better ones of them. I hate most of what Mike Denver and Derek Ryan do. Then there's that awful On Your Wedding Day song. But as bad as contemporary Irish country is, there are songs just as awful elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOAfz0H4f00

The above thing really annoys me and it is a horrid mongrel. Only a a Mike Denver cover could make it worse !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

All about that bass

Megan trainor get the f**k

Anything by the Wolftones, especially that ****ing Celtic symphony.

Don't hate them but think their earlier material is performed and sung better than their most recent especially since they were reduced down to 3.

If Celtic Symphony is the one I think it is (i.e. Say Uh Ah Up da RA, say Uh Ah Up da RA), it is a confusing song: some of the lyrics are on about being in African jungles and then it is about praising the IRA. All this is the typical Celtic soccer fan's life I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Seasan wrote: »
    "I'm all about the bass,bout the bass,no trouble.
    I'm all ambout the mbass,mbout the mbass,no cheubble..."

Can't stand that song-can't stand her.
    One of the "hits" of 2014 still being played to death in 2015.

And the one she has out now is even worse

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Hey Soul Sister - Train

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheShockmaster

I can honestly say, given the choice, I'd happily never listen to Annie Lennox ever again. Its not that she's a bad singer but come on, she's on about three or four hits and is CONSTANTLY on the radio.

The Eurythemics are like radio wallpaper. I've had enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fields of athenry

its a dreary song about dreary times

can we not adopt something else for football & rugby matches...they used to sing molly malone back in the day which was a bit more cheery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Blurred Lines. I'll take the song it ripped off any day though:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Simon and Garfunkel, Bridge over Troubled Water. When I was in first year it was played at the memorial service of an older girl who was tragically killed, and I can't listen to it without thinking about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Angie I fcuking hate and also Hallelujah, particularly Jeff Buckley's version.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

drive by-train
    christ i cringe at that 'on the upside of a downward spiral,my love for you went viral'....uuuuhhhhhh

The Shepherds-"So Say Geronimo"

REALLY high on the cheesey scale.....

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

At present, these are the ones that most annoy me:

Almost anything by Mike Denver. I hate his OTT 'American' accent. It's like The Quiet Man in reverse!!
    75% of Derek Ryan's music (especially his own songs like The Gathering and It's Friday). Dreary singer and songs a lot of the time.
    On Your Wedding Day. Another bad Irish country song by who I am not sure but it would suit Denver very nicely. Get a lot of this awful dirge at weddings and it is another reason not to go to them!
    Trumpets by Jason Derulo. I am dreading work as this awful song seems to be constantly on. Did not know what it was called until a week or two ago. The video for it is awful too.
    The Fields of Athenry sung at matches and in pubs. Paddy Reilly and many others recorded good versions of this rebel ballad but the fast, tuneless, drunken versions one hears is another reason not to go to pubs especially when Ireland are playing rugby or soccer! Typical version will be sung with half the words forgotten, most of it sung out of tune, a mention of 'Sinn Fein' and 'IRA' after the 'love was on the wing' and 'dreams and songs to sing' lines respectively and then it may or may not turn into the chorus of the Celtic Symphony. With Ireland likely to win the rugby outright, we will be hearing a LOT more of this unfortunately!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Uptown funk.

Totally sick of that song, wrecks my head!

Alesso
    "We Could Be Heee-ROOOOO-ooo-ooo-OOOes"

So bleedin repetitive,so bleedin annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Maniac 2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

American Pie, dont care who sang it, one version worse than other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Tubthumping. I really hate that song, and now thanks to this thread it'll be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Groove is in the heart by Deee Lite. Stupid horrible song and video.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Heard this pile of sh1te on the radio a week ago and it was stuck in my head for 24 hours, torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

Terrrrrrrrrrrrrible song, the delivery of the verses and the jarring jump into the chorus are enough to make it insufferable even when you don't listen to the lyrics. But, boy, throw in the lyrics and you've got this horrific baby boomer masturbatory mess like no other.

It was used pretty brilliantly in Parks and Recreation during the scene where Leslie tries to break Ron down though, I'll give it that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Fairytale of New York, and Band Aid.

I'm not looking forward to Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Maniac 2000. I thought I was free at last, but no such luck. That embarrassing nightclub DJ voice hasn't aged well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

All things rap, i cant stand that sh@te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Bohemian Rhapsody
    Irelands Call
    Fields of athenry
    You'll never walk alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Jcb song....ffs

Wagon wheel....I live in a rural area and there's a few gas characters that love singing this every fcuking night they go out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Metallica - Enter Sandman
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
    System of a Down - Chop Suey!
    Green Day - Basket Case
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
    Motorhead - Ace of Spades
    The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

blueser wrote: »
    Fairytale of New York, and Band Aid.

Prob the only 2 Christmas songs I like :o

• Advertisement

"Sometimes I feel like throwin my hands in the air...I know I can count on you"

I dunno how many remixes of the original exist,and I dunno how many times the song has been covered.There is actually one version which I find really funny-a clubland/rave version with some random singer,the music is fast and out of tune and they completely murder it :-)

The same could be said for "Unfinished Sympathy" by Massive Attack-still overplayed after all these years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Craig David Bo Select and that other awful song 7 Days. I never understood why anyone liked his songs or did anyone? Apparently he has finally forgiven Leigh Francis for ruining his career :)

Anything by the Black Eyed Peas, the lyrics and their music repulses me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

That Cheerleader song makes me want to pull my face off, as does Blurred Lines.
    The House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
    Aslan - Crazy World
    Sawdoctors cover of Sugababes, How I Feel About You Now
    I'll Be Missing You - Puff Daddy or whatever he's calling himself now.
    Saints and Sinners - Paddy Casey (mentioned a few times).
    War Is Over - John Lennon
    Milky Chance - Stolen Dance
    The Hustle - Van McCoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Jimmy the Hoover - tantalise (Wo Wo eh yeah yeah)

http://youtu.be/Bdk8PQsRPUA

Stuck in your head for the rest of the day? this has been in mine for the last 27 years and threads like this don't help.

I do think however it could reach cult status like Rick Astley especially if you look at the dancing in the video (which I've just simulated when I walked into the kitchen) and a catch phrase something along the lines of the Tango ad . . . 'You've just been hoovered'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Angie I fcuking hate and also Hallelujah, particularly Jeff Buckley's version.
    I honestly can't stand Hallelujah either. The tune is mawkish; the lyrics are all over the place, even throwing in self-references such as that "major fourth and minor lift" as the chords changes follow exactly that pattern. Insufferably "I'm so smart" smug and up its own ass, that bit. There's a sex scene in there too, no idea why.

Another one that needs to go away: Adele and Rolling In The Deep. She has a voice like the siren on a fire engine: two settings - zero and eleven - with nothing in-between.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Fields of Athenry is ok when sung slow and serious as it was meant to be. But that fast version with the hey baby let the freebirds fly bit is something I cannot stand. Who the hell originated that thing?

Ógra Sinn Fein ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

That Galway girl bastard song. I despise it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The JCB song just **** back under a rock where ya came from ...also that **** friday one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. I really like Queen but this song ruins nights out for me. Overkill.

"I've Got a Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas. Overplayed and it's pure crap.

Anything by that gimp Sia. I don't even think she speaks English in her songs. Seems to mumble everything over a backing track.

"Let Her Go" by Passenger. His voice is so fúcking grating.

Nicki Minaj. Anything by her. Christ. Her attempts at rapping with that faux English accent is annoying and strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

The two most popular songs that I will change the station on the radio if they came on would be..

Manic Street Preacher's 'Motorcycle Emptiness'.
    The Strangler's 'Golden Brown'.

No idea why, but can't bear to hear either song.

• Advertisement

The JCB song just **** back under a rock where ya came from ...also that **** friday one

Never heard this JCB Song. It has got to be either from Richie Kavanagh or Seamus Moore. All these plant hire employees I know are always playing CDs of these type of songs and they sing them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

99 Red Balloons go by , by NENA

Someone like you ... ADEL

The whole of the Moon...Waterboys ( I f***king hate that song )

That Galway girl bastard song. I despise it

That was everywhere at one stage and one could not get away from it. It has died down in more recent times it seems. It for me depends on who sings it but it has been covered by a lot of boyfolk type Irish country and western singers I do not like.

fryup wrote: »
    Ógra Sinn Fein ??

Most likely. The words of these new versions of Fields of Athenry go like this:

Low lie the fields of Athentry where once we heard the small freebirds fly
    Oh baby let the freebirds fly!
    Our love was on the wing Sinn Fein
    We had dreams and songs to sing IRA
    It's so lonely round the fields of Athenry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Candyman - Christina Agui-whatever
    Anaconda - Nicki Minaj
    MMMBop
    Anything by Justin Bieber I just cant remember any names of his songs
    Oh yeah, God save the queen, probably the most depressing national anthem ever invented

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Anything by Megan Traynor is atrocious
    Don't go Hothouse Flowers, do go and stay gone
    All of Sam Smiths catalogue, just constant whinging.

"Hold Back The River".

Tries to sound like some all time classic gospel song or somethin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

wagon wheel and anything by the Saw Doctors, Richie Kavanagh and Rubberbandits also come to mind!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Metallica - Enter Sandman
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
    System of a Down - Chop Suey!
    Green Day - Basket Case
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
    Motorhead - Ace of Spades
    The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

seriously???!!! ah man :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ella Henderson - I keep going to the river to poo (Ghost)

Advertisement