Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criterai for hiring foreign nationals from outside EU?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

My friend and I are looking to set up a company in Ireland. The problem is is that she is a foreign national without residency here. I know that the criteria to establish a company in Ireland requires one of us to be an Irish national.

If the two of us decide to establish the company here, giving the separate legal nature of the company, can the company hire her as an employee so that she can avail of a work visa?

What criteria must be met in order to hire foreign employees in order to hire non Irish nationals from the outside the EU?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I think its basically that you have to show you cant get the required skills from within the EU. Show that you have advertised the post, looked at all applicants and rationale for not hiring from within the EU?

That's what I had to do to retain two Bulgarian Nationals a couple of years ago.

I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ontour2

The company will need to prove that they are unable to hire locally and pay for the visa. There are a couple of routes for non EEA citizens to set up companies in Ireland, details are on citizens information.

Advertisement