Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting things to photograph this Saturday?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I'm in Dublin, visiting friends and going to the Ireland game on Friday and the hurling on Sunday. Saturday is free to wander around.
    Anything of interest on that I could photography-
    • e.g. markets
    • I know there's a BMX track in Dublin somewhere, is there an event/race on?
    • Any proper skating locations around?
    anything else of note?

Thanks in advance,
    Pa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Markets in Temple Bar from 10-5pm or soon Saturday.Food Markets in Meeting House Square,and the designer/clothes market is up on Cow's Lane,the book market is in Temple Bar Square.

http://www.templebar.ie/MarketLending.aspx

Not sure of the BMX track best check on their site,and the only skate park I know is in Bushy Park out in Terenure,which isn't in the city centre itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There's a great BMX track in St Anne's Park in Clontarf - close enough to Croker. Whether there's an event on there, probably not.

In Fairview Park very near Croker there is a ramp that is used by Bikes, skates, anything on wheels. You might get lucky and catch someone with a bit of talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

You seem to be interested in sports photography

If you head to Phoenix Park there should be Polo on

There are also people playing field hockey and cricket there most weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Sounds a bit weird alright, but what about Glasnevin Cemetery?

There is some stunning monuments and High Crosses to be seen there.

Advertisement