Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static Ip address and Port fowarding?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain to me how i go about this?.Do i enter the ip address on my xbox as the internal host when entering the ports?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

assuming you know the basics of it

you set a manual IP address to your xbox

example : 192.168.1.200

make sure you set the last digit , like the way i have it now as 200 or at least more then 5, depends how many devices you have connected to your internet

now once you set a manual ip address to your xbox ( put in a manual gateway and dns as well )
    YOUR INTERNET WILL LOG OFF FOR A SECOND TO RESTART ON THE XBOX, just ignore this for now as the rest of the work will be on the pc

go to your router browser on your pc or laptop, since i dont know what router your using, im hoping you know all this.....your router browser on the webpage should be your routers Default gateway ip address which you put into the web address and click enter and your hit with a menu, i hope you know all this

now, start setting up ports, and as soon as you click to activate ports set them to your ip address 192.168.1.200 and bam their you have it, the ports are opened to your new static ip address from your console

its not hard,
    remember though 192.168.1.200 is not your IP address, and the 200 at the end is the value of devices connected to your ip

so make sure when you read out your ip address, no matter what the last number is make sure you set it high enough , it will most likely be like .2 or even .3 but you need it to be at least .5+
    i always set it to 200 to be safe

i could be more help if you gave me the name of the router your using because it sounds confusing enough if you havnt got even the basics down

www.portforward.com
    use this site if you dont know the basics because i could go alot more in dept about this but it would take to long +this site uses pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    assuming you know the basics of it

you set a manual IP address to your xbox

example : 192.168.1.200

make sure you set the last digit , like the way i have it now as 200 or at least more then 5, depends how many devices you have connected to your internet

now once you set a manual ip address to your xbox ( put in a manual gateway and dns as well )
    YOUR INTERNET WILL LOG OFF FOR A SECOND TO RESTART ON THE XBOX, just ignore this for now as the rest of the work will be on the pc

go to your router browser on your pc or laptop, since i dont know what router your using, im hoping you know all this.....your router browser on the webpage should be your routers Default gateway ip address which you put into the web address and click enter and your hit with a menu, i hope you know all this

now, start setting up ports, and as soon as you click to activate ports set them to your ip address 192.168.1.200 and bam their you have it, the ports are opened to your new static ip address from your console

its not hard,
    remember though 192.168.1.200 is not your IP address, and the 200 at the end is the value of devices connected to your ip

so make sure when you read out your ip address, no matter what the last number is make sure you set it high enough , it will most likely be like .2 or even .3 but you need it to be at least .5+
    i always set it to 200 to be safe

i could be more help if you gave me the name of the router your using because it sounds confusing enough if you havnt got even the basics down

www.portforward.com
    use this site if you dont know the basics because i could go alot more in dept about this but it would take to long +this site uses pictures
    Cheers thanks for that.My router is a vodafone Huawei HG658c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Cheers thanks for that.My router is a vodafone Huawei HG658c

just follow the website
    im terrible at explaining things, im only good at showing :pac: i just make it sound complicated but the website will be a big help

Advertisement