Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Medicine in UK

Options
  • 05-09-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello boards,

I'm a sixth year student and am planning on applying for Medicine through UCAS. The closing date for applications is October 15th. I am yet to complete the UKCAT but will be doing so in the coming weeks.

I'm doing 6 HL subjects including Chemistry and Biology and OL maths (dropped this year, I'd had enough). I understand that this limits the Universities I can apply to to some extent however I was bordering on failing and it just wasn't worth the risk. Predicting around 4 A's and 2 B's. In JC I got 4 A's, 6 B's and 1 C (HL maths). I did not get an A in Science.

What I was hoping for was someone who studied medicine in the UK/ someone who's currently studying medicine in the UK or someone who plans to study medicine in the UK to help me out. There are four spaces on the UCAS application for medicine. I am planning on putting Cardiff University down. Does anyone know of any Irish students currently studying in Cardiff? I really do not know what other Universities to put down on my UCAS application. Anyone have any help/ advice? Which Universities do you know of Irish people studying Medicine in in the UK? And if you are a med student in the UK, how did you perform in the Leaving Cert?

Much appreciated

Comments

Advertisement