Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy bike part at a reasonable price?

• 05-09-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

The radiator fan/blower on my Yamaha x-max 250 has stopped working. :( The blades are very, very stiff to move by hand. I think some dirt/mud has "fused" the fans to the radiator. I'm not too sure if blower's motor has burnt itself out or not ...

The cost of a new blower (genuine Yamaha part) is nearly €200! :eek:
    Also, I was quoted a high-ish figure to replace the blower as well ...
    Really expensive for a small fan ... So I'm having to pull out my tool-box to fix this fan/blower myself.

Anyone know where I can buy a new blower for under €100*? Second-hand? Or a non-Yamaha version?

* I'd prefer it under €50 ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Surely if you took it off you could do a DIY job on it with some wd-40 or the like? Are you sure the part is FUBAR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Surely if you took it off you could do a DIY job on it with some wd-40 or the like? Are you sure the part is FUBAR?

That's what I plan to do - pull the blower off and make the fans spin freely.
    Not too sure if the motor would have blown itself out trying to spin the stuck fans. If the motor is burnt, then obviously I have to replace the blower ... hence me having a Plan B if Plan A fails ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Same thing happened to me on a Honda, dirt seized the fan blades, when the motor couldn't turn it blew the fuse. Cleaned off radiator so fan could turn freely, replaced the fuse, all good.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement