Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox on Android infinite loading

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I've recently started using Firefox for Android and have found a particularly annoying bug. On any multi-page thread, navigating to any subsequent page results in seeing an infinite spinning loading animation, along with the first post of the page below it. No other posts are loaded.

A refresh of the page allows the whole page to load, but it's obviously a bit of an annoying workaround.

The stock Android browser doesn't show the same behaviour and allows pages to load normally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hey there,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're aware that there are issues with the recent versions of Firefox for Android. We'll try and get around to resolving these as soon as possible next week as our plate is quite full at the moment with other current issues with the site.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hello.

I can't seem to reproduce this one. If possible, it'd help a lot if you let us know device you're using and what version of Android it's running. Are you using the latest version of the Firefox Android app (23.0)?

Does anyone else running Firefox for Android have this issue?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Hello.

I can't seem to reproduce this one. If possible, it'd help a lot if you let us know device you're using and what version of Android it's running. Are you using the latest version of the Firefox Android app (23.0)?

Does anyone else running Firefox for Android have this issue?

Thanks.

I've done a bit of playing around and just realised that it was the Adblock Plus extension that was causing the issue. Disabling it seems to have fixed things.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement